Q&A Forums

Pros and cons of injection foam business. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gary Bellessa
Posted: Mar 07, 2009 02:02 PM
Pros and cons of injection foam business.
Hello to all, and thanks to aerofoam and detroitsprayfoam, the guys I have already spoken with about getting into the business. I would like to get some more feedback about the injection business. What are the major pitfalls I should look for? What is the outlook for the business long term and how have some of you been doing since the economic downturn. I am in a rural area but I am within 50 miles of a city of about 300,000. Any advice or suggestions. I would like to hear from any of you who are thinking of getting out of the business and why you are thinking that?
Todd Baxter
Posted: Mar 08, 2009 08:44 AM
I would look in your area and see if you can sell a product like that. I will tell you this it is not as easy as it looks. ask the to give you a few installers in other area and ask them how the business is for them. take a look at cpi foam also.
Steven Greene
Posted: Jun 05, 2009 05:55 PM
A good friend of mine in south GA that has been in the sprayfoam business for several years got into injection foam did it for a while,until they built a test wall in there shop and injected it. 4 or 5 weeks later they opened the wall and had mold growth inside the wall, they quickly sold there equipment and decided to just stick with sprayfoam
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Jun 08, 2009 08:55 AM
Mold?

Has anyone else heard of this?
I get a lot of leads for cavity fill injection foam. I have a small local contractor that I pass all these lead on to. If there is a mold issue I don't want my name associated with it. I also don't want to loose this contractor either, he's been sending me leads for spray foam.
Posted: Jun 08, 2009 06:58 PM
I haven't heard anything on mold, but I refer all my inquiries to Tri-polymer. I figure sooner or later, they will get an applicator in this area.

I like the idea of the injection spray foam. I just hate the idea of tearing off someones siding and drilling holes in their wall and then putting it back just the way it was.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.