Q&A Forums

Projections Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: Mar 01, 2008 12:57 PM
Projections
OK, I have one stupid lousy dang part of my business plan that I just can't seem to get done for the loan! The bank likes the rest but I HAVE to do a two year profit/loss projection and I have no idea where I can get the information to do this. Does anyone have some sources for information to do a good guess on this beyond tossing up a bunch of numbers and a prayer?
Leon Blocksom
Posted: Mar 03, 2008 07:44 PM
I've got very good information about first year expectations. You SHOULD be in the neighborhood of $150k first year gross revenue. Of course I was told that last year when the market wasn't tanked. You should be able to figure out your expenses.

I couldn't tell you second year as I had a hard time getting that number from anyone. Probably because it's a guess any way you look at it. Call some suppliers they might tell you some of their newest customers numbers. That's where I got it. I wouldn't even consider the numbers unless they were either in my market or very close.

Be very careful as to the numbers you put in your business plan. Most bankers know whether or not your numbers are realistic. They've got access to some pretty cool statistics and computer software. And I'm guessing they'll call Bull$hit in a New York minute right now.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.