Q&A Forums

Probler P2 mixing chamber and tip size??? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
aaron vanschoiack
Posted: Apr 07, 2015 11:30 PM
Probler P2 mixing chamber and tip size???
I am new to the spray foam world and I recently purchased a used rig/trailer to do some work around my acreage and an occasional job.

Has a Gusmer HF1600 proportioner, Probler P2 gun, 3 stick pumps, 200' hose, and big rol-air air compressor with dryer.

The gun currently has a 03 mixing chamber and 03 tip on it. Is this too big for learning closed cell with?

It also has the 00, 01, and 02 setups.

What would you recommend and why?
TroySian
Posted: Apr 08, 2015 07:26 AM
We use the P2 gun and I think you would be better off starting with the 01 tip. The 02 tip works good for more open spraying like pole building, but I would learn with the 01 then experiment with the 02. I wouldn't mess with the 03 setup, I don't do roofs but I think that is where the 03 would be used. Good Luck
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Apr 08, 2015 06:36 PM
I agree with what Mr Trump said, but more importantly, the FF1600 only has an output of 16lbs per minute. If you spray with an 03 chamber, the machine will not be able to keep up and your spray pressure will be too low to properly mix the chemicals making bad foam. Possibly with the 02 also. If it was me, with that machine, I would only use the 01 chamber or smaller.

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.