Q&A Forums

Pour in foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 05:25 PM
Pour in foam
Need opinions on pour in foam insulation. I have never believed in it. Hard to think I did anything if I can't see it. Any foam in the wall would help, but I prefer to shoot the studs I see and I still manage to get a holiday here and there. Not sure what I cover when you can't see it. But in older homes I see a need and the cost savings could be re-couped in a few years. Some small wood frame homes here have gas bills at 400/mo. I know I could get that to 100/mo with foam. Other than drill 400 holes inside a guys house walls, how do some of you guys do it.
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 09:10 PM
depends on the exterior surface of the home. if the building has lap siding you can remove a lap and drill in from the outside. then replace the siding. you just gotta be creative.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 01:05 PM
Can you use the same machine to apply both spray and pour foams?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 02:32 PM
Yes, the same machine will do pour and spray. There is a pour foam adapter kit for the fusion gun, not that I would recommend it for this application, but works well for molds, etc.
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 07:07 PM
Why would you not want to use the adapter kit for this application?
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 11:28 PM
It is a difficult job to blind fill with pour in expanding foam. You run the risk of breaking walls or ceilings. There are foams that are more suitable for these applications which cannot be used with our plural component equipment. Our setups are much better suited for spray applications.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 01:46 PM
Exactly, thanks Tim.
Greg Pruitt
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 11:13 AM
Our experience with older homes, is it just about takes a remodel to do the job right. Holes will leave honeycombs/void areas.
Very time consuming. If the older homes have wood siding on the inside, we remove about three boards, and with that we can get to an 8' wall. We also use a piese of flexible plastic, and when we spray to the hole area, we place that there, and it forces the foam as it is expanding upward, and makes for less clean up.

we preferr that someone removes the boards for us and replaces them. that way we are only reponsible for the foam.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.