Q&A Forums

poor hose heat Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Nov 28, 2012 05:25 PM
poor hose heat
lately my heated hose (300' plus whip running off an E30) has been getting worse and worse. I have a break in my FTS wire somewhere and haven't had the time to look for it so we have been running in manual mode. Right now in the winter months we typically run 120 primary and 28-30A for the hose. This had been working until the weather turned and now it takes for ever for the hose to heat up. And to maintain its heat you have to slow your pace down. ANother thing is that when I go to turn on the heats on a job, i would normally turn up the Amps to 40ish or so to build up the heat quickerm, but now no matter how high you set it over 30A (ie 40) all it will draw is 30-31A thats it. I know it use to draw more then this before. Could I have damaged something by running it too high before? I know that I am on the light side if my hose wrap right now as it needs redoing, but we are currently spraying a trailer in our shop, truck is parked no less then 10' away from the shop door and the hose is still running coldish. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Rodney Schares
Posted: Nov 28, 2012 05:49 PM
Are you running electricity from a generator or shore power?
This has happened to me,as we use shore power,when our only option is to plug into a 120/208 service.
Posted: Nov 29, 2012 03:58 PM
We run everything of our genny. It has ample power for our needs.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.