Q&A Forums

Polyurea with an E-30? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Tim Adams
Posted: Nov 12, 2014 01:47 PM
Polyurea with an E-30?
Getting into polyurea for the first time. We have an H-40 but would like top use it for foam. Will our E-30 work ok for polyurea? I have been told yes, and I have been told no.
bryce kennedy
Posted: Nov 12, 2014 08:55 PM
For a true pure polyurea system you are low on pressure, 2k psi e-30 vs. 3k-3.5k polyurea rated sprayer. Just because it will mix the a and b together does not mean you have achieved the proper mix. An exp-2 has the specs to do it.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Nov 17, 2014 05:34 PM
H40 - We could change your pumps to accomodate this, from 120's to 80's, although you would need higher pressure hoses - 3500 vs 2000. I'm in TX your in TX. I have a set of 80's I took off an HXP3 to make it an H40, right up your alley.
Mark Mouton
Posted: Nov 17, 2014 07:15 PM
Isn't there some hybrid polyureas that spray at less than 2000 psi?
And is it any good?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Nov 18, 2014 03:45 PM
Hmmm, yes there are those but I am not familar with them. You and I talked and I thought you were at the just say no to polyurea, I got a machine for you.....ha ha ha. AND snap, I forgot to call your buddy, will do.
bryce kennedy
Posted: Nov 18, 2014 07:27 PM
Hybrids are hybrids not polyurea, usually a mix of polyurea and polyurethane with a catalyst. A pure polyurea does not use a catalyst. But if you do not need a true polyurea and the hybrid specs are good enough for a bedliner or something then a hybrid is fine.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.