Q&A Forums

Polyurea Coatings Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 08:40 AM
Polyurea Coatings
What would be a ball park pricing per sq.ft for sprayed polurea on a metal roof at 20-30 mil?

We are seeing quite a few rehabs on corrugated metal roofs right now, which require us to seal all of the seams and fasterners before applying an Elastomeric Silicone Coating.

I was just wondering what the difference in price would be as opposed to having to spend 2 days prepping a roof before we spray silicone versus just surface preparation and then spraying polurea.

Typical rehab of a metal roof in our area using silicone or acrylic ranges between $1.75 and $2.00 per sq. ft.

Where would that price be if polyurea was applied?
Aaron Scurlock
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 02:04 AM
I do quite a bit of metal roof rehabilitation, and with no panel replacement, we still spend a couple of days prepping the roof for proper installation.

With an aluminumized aromatic at 48 mil, including primer and caulk for any gaps large enough to need it but small enough no to need foam, we are currently at 2.65 a foot below 6/12. THis is with a ten year warranty.

We did a bunch of acrylic jobs to GAF specs, mil thickness, etc, and they failed in half the time warranted. We went back and rehabbed these "restorations" with polyurea. I wont be doing elastomeric acrylics ever again unless specified by the grantor of the contract and I am required to warrant them for two years or less.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.