Q&A Forums

PMC AP-2 Gun Closed Cell bad Pattern Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dathan Sours
Posted: Dec 31, 2014 07:30 PM
PMC AP-2 Gun Closed Cell bad Pattern
I am spraying Basf 2.0 CC at about 105-110 F at 900 to 1100 psi with an AP-2 gun onto precast concrete. I can't seem to keep the pattern good. If I carefully and thoroughly drill out the chamber, the best I can hope for is two lobes, like two quarter moons facing each other. Like this: ( - )

I've also noticed that the AP-2 nose (pattern control tip) and the mixing chamber seem to be soft. I am using their 02 chamber, which calls for a #51 cleanout bit, but now even a #50 drill bit is loose in the chamber...

Any suggestions?
Randy Taff
Posted: Jan 07, 2015 02:52 PM
Replace with new chamber. No other option. Next time don't drill the chamber so aggressively that you remove metal from it. If you so much as scratch the bore it will affect the pattern. You can also burn em out or clean em with CU6 rather than drilling them.
Dathan Sours
Posted: Jan 08, 2015 06:30 PM
Thanks. will be more careful next time.
Mnorthrup81
Posted: Jan 10, 2017 07:02 PM
Usually a two "half moon" pattern means that you are running your temps too high. Either your barrels are too hot or your temps are set too high on your machine. It looks like you're right around where you should be for temps on your machine. Check the temps of your barrels. Also I wouldn't run your pressure below 1050 with an O2 mixing chamber. Personally, I like to be around 1100-1150 for walls. 1200-1300 for open rooflines. Try adjusting your temps and pressure. If these don't help, it's s bad mixing chamber

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.