Q&A Forums

Plug In Heater Safety Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gianni Latona
Posted: Jan 22, 2011 02:20 PM
Plug In Heater Safety
Hello to all. I have a box truck rig and store my rig indoors, although no heat source but obivously warmer than outside.

Plugging in a heater is a known but just wondering what types do any of you guys use and also any safety concerns as well leaving a heater on for days at a time (obviously no paper or ignition products in the vicinity.)
Thanks for your suggestions!!
Brian Bothun
Posted: Jan 22, 2011 09:54 PM
I've used quartz radiant heater, regular fan space heaters and now had two 10' cove heaters installed on the ceiling above the barrels. The regular fan space heaters are junk, the quartz radiant heaters work but when it is -10 below they dont keep up even in my insulated rig. The 10' cove heaters are on there second night of below zero weather so we'll see how they fair. I also had a thermostat installed so i'm able to control the temp in the rig pretty well.

I sprayed in a heated shop today and my material was where i wanted it so i guess they worked.

I'm not concerned with them running over night unattended. We've used them in shops for quite awhile with no problems.

As far as plug in heaters go, my opinion they suck to much juice for what there supposed to do. The two quartz heaters i bought from wally world were 1500 watts a piece and dont put off near as much heat as the 10' cove's do that are 1100 watts a piece.
Tyler Boehs
Posted: Feb 02, 2011 04:10 PM
We just installed a 6' baseboard heater on each fender right behind the barrels. works nice but it's good to keep an eye on them to make sure nothing gets dropped back there against them. I like the idea of cove heaters but they would warm the tops of the barrels when the bottom is more important. (just an opinion)

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.