Q&A Forums

Planers vs. reciprocating saws Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
richard sucher II
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 09:12 AM
Planers vs. reciprocating saws
Know that this subject has been discussed before but wanted to get comments again on planers or saws for foam overspray clean-up on stud wall cavities. Am interested in experiences cleaning up closed cell overspray at this time, not open celled foam.
What equipment are you using and what have you had the best luck with. We have the "bread cutting" saw for open cell foam but need something that will really work on closed cell. Would like to get feed back on newer saws that have what appears to be courser sawtooth design and designed to cut closed cell. If these saws hold up, would prefer to use them as the run off of electricity as opposed to needing an air supply as well as control of overspray debris. Specific brand names would be appreciated.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 03:16 PM
My 2 cents...

Plane Easy with Carbide Blade - This is very heavy, but works well - www.planeeasy.net

Quick Plane with Special Blade - It wasn't fast enough for me - www.theinsulationstation.com

Either way.. my arms were really tired after one cavity of 1.9, I am a whimp.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 04:37 AM
cobbster,,
no experiance with the planeeasy,,john,,send me one to demo...lol
i own quikplanes,,,and they work fine for me,,,
although we shoot to try not to have to pull them out,,and rarely do anymore,,boyz like the good old 2" scraper for studs with overspray and the currycomb for periodic highspots intercavity or for big globs on the stud face,.,
where eye and ear protection when planeing with the quickplane,,,,not for the noise,,but for the chunkies that can get into your ear canal..ok for the noise as well,,,and they do weigh in at a quarter ton,,,so use good body mechanics and work from nipple-line to belt-line,,,reaching with this lead sled will set you up for injury,,,
work hard bro
dude

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.