Q&A Forums

Permax to soy based Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Brian Currie
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 04:13 AM
Permax to soy based
I have been asked by another company to help them catch up on their jobs and they spray a soy based foam and I spray permax(both closed cell)We have gotten different opinions on if I should flush my B side before using their product.What is your take on this? Thank you and keep up the helpful hints.
mason
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 07:18 AM
I would ask the respective suppliers if they have heard of any problem with following one material with another. I have not heard of a problem from any of my clients.

How about it readers? Have you experienced poor physical properties when switching over materials?
SPFer
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 03:57 PM
We have had issues going from Bay Seal to Bio-Based. We flush the lines with laquer thinner when making the switch. It takes about 2.5 gallons of thinner per 200 feet of hose, and can be done in 30 minutes.

After doing this due to switching foam brands, I think I will add it to our regular maintenance schedule, maybe flush the lines every couple of months. Couldn't hurt right?
Terrance Harris
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 08:06 PM
I don't see the point in flushing the lines as regular maintenance if you are using your equipment on a regular basis and the screens are not picking up any trash. It may not hurt anything, but why go to the extra effort and expense? If the equipment is shut down for more than 2 or 3 weeks, I could see the justification. Maybe I'm missing something here.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.