Q&A Forums

performance Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 06:38 AM
performance
i know this is somewhat anecdotal,,but,,,

this fall i removed the r-38 filterglass from my modest ranch home....
it was a darned nice filterglass install...r19 batts,,,double row,,cross hatch pattern,,,looked good to this hillbilly foamer,,,
anyway...
so 'dude and the boyz laid out 10-12" of GW's 0.5lb down on the drywall in its place,,,
now im on the utility companies budget plan here so we can,,well live on a budget,,derr,,, and i thought i should give it a few months to see how things look,,,
anyway...
it has been colder than a well diggers booty here in the cornfields this year,,was 25 below when we were shakein our groove thing down in austin,,yea spfa!!,,(boyz were sprayin foam in that weather,,god luv em!!)
anyway...
natural gas daily cost: was $5.98/day with filterglass,,,now set at $3.09/ day...and my not to modern math thinks that is like almost 49% reduction,,,damn....i'm guessin they will lower it further as more time passes and the useage pattern developes further,,,
now i havent done the walls,,and when the wind is blowin it is drawin through those filterglassed cavities like crazy...i mean the stack effect is doin its thingy,,,facinating..
wonder what would happen if i did the walls...
damn
anyone else seein this type of performance?
'dude
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 12:32 AM
..guess not,,
SPFer
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 08:21 PM
Dude,

We sprayed a 3,500 sq. ft. house, and had the shell about 95% sprayed. Open cell, R-19 in the walls, R-30 in the roof. Only had one exterior wall and a couple of overhangs to spray. We were heating the house while spraying. The contractor left the house, it was 65 degrees. No heat whatsoever in the house during the night, the outside temp dropped below 20 degrees. Contractor comes in the house in the morning, inside temp. was 57 degrees. Only dropped 8 degrees overnight.

This foam stuff works.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 09:16 AM
You betcha `dude baby. 40-50% improvement is normative.

Well done and

carry on,

`oG

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.