Q&A Forums

pay Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
michael rameriz
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 06:44 AM
pay
i was just drafted into the sales department of a sprayfoam company.i worked with the crew for 6 months and learned enough to guesstimate.i have no idea what my pay should be and i cant find the information online either.please help.
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 07:37 AM
respectfully,,,
with 6 months experience in the spf trade,,,you were a helper at best,,,and certainly not an experienced applicator...even if you did get the gun in your hand,,,that being said,,,
unless you bring previous documented and successful sales experience with you,,,i would offer you what the local shoe store chain or electronics chain offers for a wage,,,no commission,,for a short while to see if you can sell,,,or just wanted to get away from the hot,,,hellin work...if you prove to be a successful salesperson,,,i would lower your wage and adjust with a commission,,,or if you were really good,,i would offer pure commission only,,,what are those figures??? what your local market allows other reputable building material sales peeps...there is no silver lining with spf,,,it is just another product in the building trades community,,
sorry,,, but i have to...with the "handle" you choose to post with here,,i am guessing that you will appear "abrasive" to some of the more sensitive folks (like georgeous goerge,,& olger,,and doogles,,,the goddess,,and well,, me too) and you will have a difficult time sellin to the clientle that take a serious look at this product,,,
good luck with your transition to the sales force from the applicator world,,,you will need it...
'dude
michael rameriz
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 02:41 PM
i have a solid understanding of heat transfer(as you obviously do also)from my hvac background.i close the deal.ability not in question.just lookin for some feedback,thx
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 09:22 AM
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 11:51 AM
Salary ranging from $250.00 up to $1000.00 per week plus 2% to 5% commission off the top of the sale. Salary and commision depend upon experience and results. Unfortunately they all promise the world walking in the doors.

Only say what you can do and do more than what you say and you will find that the money will come to you.

Good ones are hard to find, mediocre ones who you have to babysit are everywhere.

If you are a good one, they will make it worth your wild. If you are not, don't forget how to spray, because you may end up doing both until you get the hang of selling and become productive.

And don't ****** if they make you do both. Forking out $500.00 to $1000.00 per week hoping that you eventually get a sale is no fun from my side. Owners only have so much patience and it is not like we are all making millions in this business.

Steve
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 11:37 PM
Well, its been a while since I have been to this forum. Was stopping in to catch up and say hi. This is the first post I read and all I can say is WOW!

Good luck on your new position Michael.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 09:02 AM
Hello and Welcome - what state are you located in? I couldn't find any postings from you?
michael rameriz
Posted: Mar 20, 2010 01:42 AM
we work in tennessee,mississippi,and arkansas.we have reached an arrangement that works.thx for input.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 20, 2010 08:53 AM
How much did you settle on?
Bob Silverman
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 02:23 PM
Sell your tail off and whatever arrangement you have will be worthwhile.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.