Q&A Forums

P2 gun issue Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 26, 2006 10:26 PM
P2 gun issue
I sprayed on Thanksgiving day. I know, you always have problems when working on a holiday. Everything was fine except I found some fluid coming out of the shut off valve fittings at the gun. It was actually coming out of both the A and B sides and was a slow leak. I had to spray and it was only going to take about an hour so I wrapped a paper towel aroud the handles and sprayed. After about 30 minutes I pulled the soaked towels and it didn't leak again. Has anyone else had this problem? I was using .5# and the primaries were set at 140 after preheating for 1 hour.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 07:23 AM
Never had that happen. If you take the black knobs off of the valves, you can tighten the packing nuts, in case you should have it happen again.

George
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 05:20 PM
it could be some "drift" on the shafts that get into the packing and causes it to leak...sometimes you get lucky and they quit on their own...ie: the hunk of schtuff falls off...
i see this with the fusion valves,,and it is the most commonly used/replaced gun part by our crew....now that i have improvised a gun cover that protects the gun body and hose block this happens less frequently...if your block and valves are dirty,,wrap em in a solvent soaked rag and cover with a latex glove,,,easy clean the next day....
...(realize that a leak is a leak and should be addressed when recognized....
there is 1000psi behind that leak...and dont drag your hoseblock end back to the truck,,,your flirting with disaster)
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 05:22 PM
No, but we have had the gun spontaneously trigger 3-times (by itself).

Other than that it seems to be a fine gun.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 10:44 PM
See Olger; The gun will darn near run on it's own...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.