Q&A Forums

Overspray dust cleanup Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
steve
Posted: Mar 23, 2016 12:31 PM
Overspray dust cleanup
If overspray is not properly vented and is distributed throughout the home, it settles out as an overall layer of white 'dust', everywhere. I'm looking for guidance on the proper procedure to clean this up. I know that it can be a respiratory irritant, and so using a HEPA vacuum is warranted along with air scrubbers to remove whatever is stirred up in the process. One industrial cleaning company (without SPF cleanup experience) likens this to that left by a fire extinguisher. Are there other concerns or guidelines for proper, safe remediation? Does anyone know of industrial cleaning companies that have this expertise?
mason
Posted: Mar 24, 2016 12:37 AM
Steve,

I would contact the major material suppliers product stewardship departments such as BASF & Convestro (formerly Bayer Material Science). At BASF ask for Bill Robert, not sure who is in charge over at Convestro. While I am not aware of the foam dust having any specific health issues different than other forms of dust commonly found in the household, they would be able to provide you with detailed information on any research on the issue and recommendations on clean up.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.