Q&A Forums

Over Heated Hose Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Yvan Richard
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 05:46 PM
Over Heated Hose
When I turn on my hose heaters I leave the hose coiled up so it will heat up faster. However, after doing some prep work I checked on the hose and had an E04 (Graco E30) I checked the first two thermcouple connections and then the temp seemed to climb normally. However, later I went back to the trailer and the hose temp was 150F, it was set at 125F.

I then uncoiled the hose and once I started spraying the temp was maintained at 125F.

This has never happened before, should I uncoil the whole 250ft all the time?
mason
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 07:49 PM
You should always uncoil your foam hose before heating it. The hose when coiled creates hot spots that cause that area to get super hot. I have even seen this practice cause fires and burn the whole trailer down.
Yvan Richard
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 09:03 PM
Thank you, I will start doing that.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 11:04 PM
If you have an E04, it means that your thermocouple is disconnected or broken. When this happens, the hose heat comes on in manual mode. It is on and will not shut off when you get up to temp. I would guess that your hose was in manual mode, then the loose fts wire fixed itself giving you the correct reading.

George
Daniel X
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 11:45 PM
I've never laid all my hose out before turning hose heat on...

Sometimes we need all the heat we can get when our trailer is out in the cold and were inside...

What about when I only have 60 feet pulled out and the rest is still coiled up?
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 04:06 AM
re: e04.."the hose heat comes on in manual mode. It is on and will not shut off when you get up to temp"
when you see e04,,turn machine power off,,then on again,,panel will read 0A (for 0 amps),,,you now have manual control of the amps into the hose set instead of a temp reading,,,
obviously you would bump the amps up at warm up,,,
you will then have to manually reduce the amp setting to the hose set as your foam starts to warm up and spray,,
this will give you some controll over your hose set till you get the theromcouple replace/repaired

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.