Q&A Forums

Output selection? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dave Strnad
Posted: May 16, 2006 09:13 AM
Output selection?
How many pounds per min is ideal? Most guns have a wide range and you select the nozzle for your application, but which one? At first I thought that I should pick the highest output that my setup will handle, but when I thought about it that may not be the best idea. Especially for a beginer.
Ryan Rhoads
Posted: May 16, 2006 02:21 PM
Well off the top of my head I don't know the gallons per minute that I am running at. I have a gaco reactor and a gaco fusion gun. I run the 4545 tip for framed walls and other somewhat constricted areas where I want to be careful about thickness, if you build up to much foam at the stud edge it is harder to clean off. On bigger building like shops and storages where I don't have to clean up studs I run a 5252 tip.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: May 19, 2006 03:52 PM
Output is directly variable to the job. On 2x4 walls you want a small tip (01 probler).

On a big flat roof with few penetrations, you will want at least an 03.

Polyurea - use an 02.

Our MH machine will put out 45-lbs per minute, but very few mechanics can manage that amount. I don't believe that I even could.

gcw
Posted: May 20, 2006 07:27 AM
start with smaller chambers till you get the hang of "patterning" your set up and can manage the equipment...
i shoot most of the time with a 7070 chamber into sidewall cavities..
use an 8686 on a slab on grade applications and attic lids...talk about output!
use what works for you....and what your equipment will support...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.