Q&A Forums

open cell or close cell Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Josh Clements
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 06:32 PM
open cell or close cell
I have only sprayed closed cell foam.
I was wondering what others spray and why they spray it.
I have had trouble selling closed cell foam not for sure why.
any advice welcome
thanks
Ryan Fesmire
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 06:53 PM
I just started spraying closed cell and we are having major issues with the gun clogging up. What king of gun and mixing chambers do you use?
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 08:36 PM
We spray closed cell 100%. No issues here with mechanical problems. Have a P2 gun with an 02 mix chamber and swap between an 01 and 02 insert (the 02 sees 90% of the action). What kind of clogging are you seeing? The insert getting foamed up or the whole gun? Hope you work it out, failures can be aggravating!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
richard sucher II
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 12:25 PM
saw your post and would be interested in sharing some of my thots on the subject. not really interested in addressing the subject in a post. Post your phone number and I will call you. Where are you located? Talk to you later. FYI, we have been in business for 29 years and have gone thru the "learning curve". We spray both systems.
Claudia Hoffmann
Posted: May 06, 2008 03:48 PM
The problem is being price competitive with open cell products - the yield is much higher since open cell expands 1:100 and closed cell 1:30. The prices for a set of chemicals are similar.
Also if your applicator uses more foam than estimated you can eventually just break even on jobs, if you had to cut the prices to get the projects.
Claudia Hoffmann
Posted: May 06, 2008 03:51 PM
what kind of chemicals are you using?
We use the gap pro - great gun - but when we switched chemical suppliers we started having the same clogging problems.
Dena Sosebee
Posted: May 07, 2008 08:08 PM
There are a lot of suppliers that will claim that their foam is "the same" as what you are using. BE CAREFUL!! Every formulation is different. The gap pro is a very acceptable gun to spray the open cell or closed cell with, you should not have any clogging problems.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.