Q&A Forums

Non-Graco Spray Hose ??? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Nov 03, 2008 06:45 PM
Non-Graco Spray Hose ???
Does anyone have any experience with the non-Graco that are being sold on this site by Polar Products?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 03, 2008 07:22 PM
I have spoken with Eric on two occasions, and would have no qualms about using his hoses. It's ABOUT TIME that someone offered a heated hose warranty.

regards,

oG
Posted: Nov 03, 2008 07:54 PM
Was that suppose to be "no qualms"?

Did he explain how the heating elements are attached to the hose?

I assume they are slipped over the Parker Hoses, I just cannot figure out if they are physically attached to the hose in any way???

Thanks.
Linerman
Posted: Nov 03, 2008 10:52 PM
Non-Graco hoses and warranties are all fine and I think we should have hose warranties but I wonder if hooking up non-Graco parts to their machines if they'll just turn around and say "well you had so-and-so brand hooked up so we're not gonna honor any warranties on the equipment" in the event if you something go wrong with your unit.
Linerman
Posted: Nov 03, 2008 10:58 PM
Seeing how they want everything Graco. Making it harder to buy parts from an outside source, or turning your own.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 04, 2008 08:31 PM
No qualms.

I ask forgiveness..
Posted: Nov 04, 2008 08:45 PM
No worries!

Thanks for your input.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Nov 05, 2008 08:43 AM
My 2 cents:

The only time it would be an issue is if the machine would have a hose/thermocouple error, and diagnosing the problems with the thermocouple or hoses, wouldn't clear the error. Then perhaps it could not be diagnosed properly or cleared because your not using Graco hoses and be written off as to bad section(s) of hose? But you check the continuity of the hoses and its good. Not likely to happen, but thinking out loud.

However, the warranty is one year and its not likely to have errors in the first year. My thoughts....
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Nov 05, 2008 03:43 PM
I've been thinking about this more, its kind of like buying a ford, and using non-ford gasoline, would that void your warranty on the car?

I would have to think if you follow the recommendations of hose length min and max for the machine, use the TSU that comes with the machine, there shouldn't be a problem.
Linerman
Posted: Nov 06, 2008 08:37 PM
I was just sayin, what if? I mean Graco does own like 99.99% of the market and who'd stop them. Other than Gama who else is there?
Michael Flander
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 03:41 PM
I'm curious Olger. Graco has a 1 year warranty on the hoses...

Quite frankly, I can't think of one hose issue I have seen that was 1 year old or less that Graco hasn't approved.

I could not find the hoses in discussion, are they offering a warranty longer than 1 year?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.