Q&A Forums

no air through chamber Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Bill Goy
Posted: Jun 14, 2015 09:37 PM
no air through chamber
hey I have a fusion ap, the gun is actuating but no air is purging through the chamber. all my ports are clear, chamber is brand new. 12 yrs, never had this happen, but then again I usually use a probler. Little help would be great. Thanks
dave defehr
Posted: Jun 18, 2015 01:08 AM
Not sure if you've done this but the only thing I can think of is the air knife is turned all the way in. That's the other nut type thing beside the grease nipple where you would grease your gun. If the air knife is closed, turn counter clockwise about a 1/4 turn, this will allow air to shoot out end of chamber and purge the gun. If you are fully aware of what I just said then disregard. Good luck!
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: Jun 19, 2015 02:33 PM
I would start by taking the fluid housing off. Does the body actuate properly? Is air coming out of the muffler at the bottom? If it's snappy responsive I'll go through the fluid housing. Is the air cap drilled? Is the front fluid O-ring present/ in good condition? Drill the air port horizontally from face and through bleed screw. Lastly, make sure impingement ports are drilled.
Neil Autrey
Posted: Jun 19, 2015 05:03 PM
I would check the trigger assembly. Unscrew the air fitting on the back of the gun and remove it along with the spring. Then take a small screw driver and push the assembly out the back and make sure the small holes are not clogged with anything. This same thing happened to me a few months ago and there was a piece of foam that had gotten in through where the air plugs in and it closed up one of the small holes and would not let air come through.
Revolution Machinery
Posted: Jun 24, 2015 01:46 PM
99.9% Sure it's in the front port of the handle. Take the Allen plug out, and the trigger out and clean from the bottom to the 45 degree bend and then push the air cylinder out and clean the same front port from the nose of the gun with the fluid section off and chamber removed.... Or look at the Graco book page 26 and you'll see the 45 bend......
Jethro
Posted: Jun 25, 2015 04:52 PM
Sprayman & Revolution Machinery are correct. Your issue is most likely the port that exits the handle in the front, where the piston passes through the handle. Or, it could be that the two small holes on the trigger side of the spool are restricted.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.