Q&A Forums

New Spray Gun Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
chad harris
Posted: Apr 04, 2010 06:24 PM
New Spray Gun
Has anyone had the chance to try out the Gama, Graco, and Glas Craft foam guns? We tried out a Fusion AP, and could not have been more displeased with it. Just wondering if anyone has had the luxury to try all three.
steven argus
Posted: Apr 04, 2010 07:46 PM
Love or P2's, but ever since Graco took over, parts are $$$. Tried the Fusion CS, nothin but trouble. I am interested in hearing about the Gama guns.
chad harris
Posted: Apr 04, 2010 08:13 PM
The Star Gama gun looks like a modified D-Gun, nothing wrong with that though, we have about 10 D-Guns and would not trade them for nothing after trying the Fusion CS.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Apr 04, 2010 08:46 PM
Why were you displease with the fusion Ap gun? Were you trained on how to use, clean, and care for the gun? We have dozens of installers using fusion AP's and Probler P2's without any complaints. Don't mean to be so blunt, but if you are having constant issues with the gun, then you are doing something wrong. As far as pricing goes, yes, parts are expensive. But Graco puts tons of $$ into R&D. Would it be better if you could buy a sprayer for $1,000 and a gun for $200? Then the market would really be flooded with applicators.

George
quentin
Posted: Apr 05, 2010 11:21 AM
Have P2 guns and love them. The hoses out the top are nice since you drape them over your shoulder while spraying to ease the weight, they fit the hand better and the weight is less than the Fusion series. 4 ounces may not seem like a lot but when you are moving it all day it hadds up!
chad harris
Posted: Apr 05, 2010 01:08 PM
Actually, I meant the Fusion CS, not the AP, I have heard some good things about the AP, and tried the Fusion CS, and the gun was not difficult to clean, maintain, or shutdown, or have knowledge of how it works. It just did'nt perform well. And yes we had training on the gun, along with 20yrs. exp. applicating urethane foam. And not one time did I even mention the cost of anything, expensive parts are just part of the territory, always have been! I merely wanted to know If anyone has had the opportunity to try several of these new guns out there. Don't really care to hear what distributors or salesman have to say.
Cory Boehs
Posted: Apr 05, 2010 07:02 PM
shooterharris, there is a big difference between the Fusion AP and the CS. We started with the AP and when the CS came out thought we had to have it. After a year we went back to the AP and haven't regretted it yet. I got tired of throwing expensive parts at it. Side seals especially.
Cory Boehs
Posted: Apr 05, 2010 07:05 PM
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Apr 06, 2010 09:06 AM
oops, wrong post, sorry = have a nice day, since I can't delete this.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.