Q&A Forums

New mobile spray rig help Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
David Cook
Posted: May 14, 2013 03:40 PM
New mobile spray rig help
Looking to purchase a new spray rig. As expected every "manufacture/rig builder" has the best set up and of course related customer service and training. As in Ford, Dodge, Chevorlet,I realize we all have partiality to each and for our own reason's. I'm looking for fair, natural advice.

If there is a Ferrari out there, then please advise.

I'm brand new at this and want to start out right. I see the complexity in the SPF Biz and will start out extremely small and be very cautious, but at the same time we are a sizable roofing contractor that will have the opportunity for larger projects as we go. So I would like to go bigger in lue of upgrading later
Kyle & Son
Posted: May 15, 2013 08:20 AM
Learjet, where are you located? I just bought a rig last year from Christian Fabrication in central NY. Very good custom built spray rig to my specs with detailed advice from them. No pushy sales pitch, just straight forward clear advice on what would work best for the type of business I would be doing. As far as service goes, they are top notch. Just a phone call away for diagnostic help when needed.
james keegan
Posted: May 15, 2013 05:17 PM
Hey Learjet, been at it for a couple of years now and happy to give you my two cents. I have found the Graco H25 (hydraulic) really a solid setup combined with the Fusion AP gun. The AP gun requires some regular maintenance to keep performance consistent, but no different than keeping any other piece of equipment clean and maintained. The system maintenance and day to day maintenance is setup on the Graco to be very easy to do and minimal. If you are considering getting into roofing applications of SPF down the road, I would suggest the Graco H30 is perfect for you and is designed to do regular installations and roofing installations very well.
Good luck!
David Cook
Posted: May 16, 2013 10:40 PM
JGF, Thank you for the response ! Seems like the type of people that I need. I'm in Oregon.
David Cook
Posted: May 16, 2013 10:45 PM
Jk, I appreciate the info! I have heard about the AP gun . Also about new gun that replaced the AP-1from pmc.. I hear its the fix from their prior pistol. I have a graco 833 that I love. So graco has points with me. We are Roofing contractor exclusively that would like to do some interior inso as we begin to understand this complex SPF world.

Thanks again Jk.
Kyle & Son
Posted: May 17, 2013 08:15 AM
Learjet, I purchased a rig from Christian Fabrication with an H-25 Graco machine and a 30kw genset with a CP 5hp screw compressor. I've been running this setup for about a year now with no problems. I would highly reccomend them if you're new to the business of spray foam. They have a sister company that has four rigs running and spraying foam. So they know what works and what doesn't. If you want more info give me a call @ 315-804-FOAM (3626).
Kyle
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: May 21, 2013 09:16 AM
If you have time to discuss... I tell it like it is, will give you more info than you can digest, and then you can make up your own mind. Pro's and Con's, then you pick what you want and I will quote and build it. I have references in nearly every state and I don't sell foam or coatings.
Jeremy Slosek
Posted: May 22, 2013 04:40 PM
Thank you James for the kind words, I am glad you are happy with your rig!
Learjet, I would be more than happy to help you with any questions you may have about rigs. On our website at Christianfab.com there are multiple pictures of previous built custom rigs as well as info on them. If you would like to speak with someone about further options pertaining to your specific situation feel free to call us at 315-822-0095
steven argus
Posted: May 31, 2013 09:27 AM
Not a good idea to buy products from someone your bidding against. I suppose Oregon is far enough from NY, getting the rig there might be expensive. I believe building your own rig is the way to go. Shipping the gear itself would be a lot less expensive than shipping a whole rig.

james gang... hope you don't have to bid against mainer.
mason
Posted: Jun 02, 2013 01:37 PM
I am on the road in a remote area with limited Internet service
Will be back in the office June 5.
Happy to discuss this very important topic with you then.
571-239-5221 email masonknowles@aol.com

The education, Onsite training, of your crews is as important as the equipment. It helps to use a single source for your equipment and materials when getting started.

Some things to consider when selecting a supplier:
Materials that have a proven history of performance available in your area
Technical expertise available to you when you need it
Good educational program for your crews
Convenient access of fresh materials either with local warehouse or fast shipping
Good reputation and financial strength

Your equipment should be geared towards roofing with high volume proportioners and high capacity heaters

Lots more info to provide, call me when I get back in town
Jeremy Slosek
Posted: Jun 04, 2013 12:50 PM
Guiness... My name is Jeremy and I am with Christian Fabrication. I do not bid jobs, nor do I work for a contractor.

We do not ship spray foam rigs to customers, most rigs are picked up but can be delivered by us also so we can familiarize you with the rig. Along with the purchase of a rig comes training on the equipment, material, application, maintenance of rig & equipment and how to be most efficient with your new equipment. As mason said, Training is just as important as your equipment.
Posted: Jun 04, 2013 04:16 PM
Check out sprayfoamsys.com very easy to deal with and they have 3 SPFA certified guys there that can do all the training you need

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.