Q&A Forums

Need a babysitter in 3 weeks! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 04:21 PM
Need a babysitter in 3 weeks!
Arghh...wont get my SPFA Certification until sometime next month for roofing. Never did need it before, so I have never worried about it.

Therefore, I need a SPFA Certified Applicator for roofing to work with me on a 65,000 sq. ft job. 1 1/2 ", silicone and granules.

Any takers, email me at steve@alphaonespf.com to discuss

I will make it worth your time!

P.S. Doug I hope it is okay to put on here!
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 08:40 AM
You may want to specify what state this job is in - might help :}
Owen Whisnant
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 06:06 PM
Have certs and equipment when do you want to start?
Lee
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 08:05 PM
Hey Spray Foam Goddess

I forget that there are other states out there besides Louisiana.

It is in North Louisiana
Robert Buchmeier
Posted: Feb 03, 2010 09:15 AM
Are you certified through your supplier? Do you need to have a state licensed certified roofing contractor in Lousiana? Or just through your supplier?
Posted: Feb 03, 2010 06:48 PM
Hi Seaking

Supplier certification is easy. Louisiana State work requires a SPFA Certified Applicator. This takes a Foam Mechanics Class, Foam Basics class, SPFA Course 101R, SPFA Course 101, SPFA Course R-1 and three SPFA inspected roofs of 5000 sq. ft or more.

I have all, but my Manafacturer needs to have the inspector fill out the paperwork on the inspections to SPFA paperwork and then they need to be submitted to the SPFA Accrediation Committe.

Never thought that I would need to be SPFA for anything, so I never did do it. Now, it is to late.

Probably will me a month or two before I am certified.

Irregardless, I would like to develop a relationship with someone outside of Louisiana who is Certified.
Posted: Feb 03, 2010 06:53 PM
Hi Seaking

We are licensed General Contractors that can bond up to $2.5 Million. Licensed in roofing, electrical and mechanical.

Brazo's is in pretty good with the state and they help enforce the SPFA. I don't blame them, it keeps a lot of guys out. Fortunately for us, we do a lot of work for the state and parishes and the Architects overlooks SPFA, because they have seen and inspected our work before.

But when you start talking about $250K plus projects, the losing companies usually threaten to sue and hold up the entire building process.

Only in Louisiana, I think....
Robert Buchmeier
Posted: Feb 03, 2010 10:10 PM
Steve,
Why dont you go to the spray foam convention and take a class. It is here in a few days, maybe you can get it right away there. Just might help.
Posted: Feb 04, 2010 07:35 AM
Only lack the inspections, not the test. I have over 20 inspected, we just need to get it over to SPFA's required paperwork then submit.

All testing is complete

It is only a time issue now!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.