Q&A Forums

muffler air Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
joelando
Posted: Sep 29, 2016 02:16 AM
muffler air
Not sure whats happening, but after cooking the parts to a fusion gun and replacing all o rings and rebuilding the gun to what seemed to be perfection, I'm getting a constant flow of air through the muffler. The air stops when the mixing chamber is engaged. Need some answers Thanks

Another thing, on another gun the front air port isn't allowing any air through to the mixing chamber. I've cooked the gun in dynosolve for 10 hours over 3 days without any clearing of this one air port. Can anything else help to clear air ports on Fusion Graco guns.
mason
Posted: Oct 03, 2016 12:51 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply. I was at the ICAA conference on Friday and asked Nick Pagano of Graco to provide a reply. He forwarded it to Chris Pelln, Graco's Sr. Engineer. Here is the answer

Hi Nick,

That really sounds like an o-ring issue. I know he said he replaced them, but it sounds like one of the spool valve o-rings is letting air by. Did he replace the spool valve o-rings with Graco o-rings? They need to be the correct durometer. Did he possibly scratch/damage any of the o-ring sealing surfaces in the spool valve bore?

Regarding the purge air issue: See attached picture. I suspect he has cured material in the bore that I am pointing at with my pen. He has to figure out a way to run a drill bit in there to make sure it is clear. He has to remove the plug at the bottom of the gun handle and run a drill bit thru the bore. It's approximately 5.5 inches from the bottom of the handle where the plug is to the end of the bore he needs to drill out. He can/should use a .125" dia drill bit to clean it out.

Let me know if you need further help or clarity.

Sorry for the delayed response. I was pumping fireproofing in the engineering spray booth all morning.

Thanks,
Pellin
mason
Posted: Oct 03, 2016 01:09 PM
email me at masonknowles@aol.com and I can send the diagram that Pellin references.

Mason

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.