Q&A Forums

Moving to new area looking for marketing ideas Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 10:03 AM
Moving to new area looking for marketing ideas
Hello. I'm moving my spray foam business to a new area. The new town has a population of 3200 and has a lot of smaller surrounding towns. A lot of my customers will be ranchers. I have called a couple area newspapers and they are going to do an article about my business with a picture and eveything. I'm going to go down main street of these towns and hand out cards and flyers to all the business's. I'm renting a little storage type of a building on the main "drag" in town to store foam and things (I basically work out of my trailor) and am going to hang a large sign on it.

Am I missing something? Does anyone else have any kind of ideas? I want to do things right from the get go.

Thanks.
tim grady
Posted: May 04, 2006 11:37 AM
I just read your post on marketing ideas. i work for a coatings manufacturer and we have a unique marketing program to the industry. Email me with a phone number if you have an interest and I will be happy to dicuss this with you. We have been in business for 20 years and have over 325 million sq ft applied. Thanks.
Posted: May 04, 2006 12:29 PM
605-280-6767
Ryan Rhoads
Posted: May 16, 2006 11:34 PM
Well first thing is first. Number one rule when dealing with ranchers "never leave a gate open when it was closed when you got there, Never leave a gate open when livestock is nearby, and always leave a gate open when you found it open" Well you probably already know that but I have heard more complaints about that stuff than just about anything else. Another thing you may want to play up things like dew point. I don't yet know how to explain it but by putting things in there terms they can understand it. Read Vapor barriers and wall design at the web ling I gave stevo on building evelopes. Stupid Questions.

Some things ranchers are generally concerned with

Phenemonia
scours
MONEY
Posted: May 19, 2006 04:32 AM
For people who have no idea about the powers of spray foam, may I suggest our video, with your name on it.
Posted: May 19, 2006 08:41 AM
I'm interested in the video. Tell me more about it, please.
Timothy Sonney
Posted: May 23, 2006 11:50 AM
If you don't have a web site for your company yet, let me know - I have an inhouse design team that will beat the competition both at style, and price.
Posted: Nov 08, 2006 11:07 PM
Shumedia- what is your cost on the video?
quentin
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 06:32 PM
That video looks pretty nice!

BHI, my wife does web design and I am looking to get out of the hardware/networking field and in to foam and can point out that you do have a VERY well setup site. I was impressed with it when I checked it out in the thread you replied to me on before seeing this thread.

As an idea, when the local county fair goes on you may want to create a small display and a demo or two a day on it. A bit of plywood and some 2x4 and you are set on that. Show it wet compared to fiberglass and maybe even air infiltration with a fan, plastic bag to direct the airflow and etc.
Posted: Nov 20, 2006 09:00 PM
Ok guys I need some help.I been in the urethane industry for 11 years now,employed by the owner,and am at my wits end with the money I make"the company".I run a Gusmer h20/35 with a Fusion AP.I know these pieces of equipment inside out,upside down.My employer is lazy and very mush dependent on me and my co-worker is nothing less than lackluster.I'm being held back from making more of my experiences due to babysitting these two clowns!I need to know of places to get awesome deals on getting my rig up and running at a reasonable price.Any info would be appreciated!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.