Q&A Forums

Mini 3 and Fusion AP Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Robert Dossett
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 03:43 AM
Mini 3 and Fusion AP
I am getting a huge quantity of iso crystals in my gun and it just started to leak all over my arm. Its a stinking mess and I am very frustrated. I think I need a new mix chamber because I can see some scoring where the side seals ride. I have replaced the side seals and the springs and all the o-rings and I thought it was working fine till I got all these crystals.

Anyone know what might be causing them? I ran about 20 gallons of brand new Insulstar into a clean barrel and filtered out maybe 8 ounces of the crap.

Thanks for any help,

Robert
GHIC
clint moore
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 05:58 PM
It's possible that your A side material is getting some moisture.
Are you running some kind of dessicant drier system?
Also check your transfer pumps to see if it is contaminated with ISO crystals at the foot.
What about your filter on the A side of your proportioner,is it clean?
Have you recently had a rise in humidity?
Robert Dossett
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 04:41 AM
I think its a refer type dryer, and I have checked my stick pumps, they are clean.

Where would moisture enter the fluid side of the pump (either he stick or Mini 3) from the air side?

thanks
Robert
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 08:32 PM
odd. Might be coming from the hose..

When you filtered the Iso, did you use the hose to dispense the material back into the drum?

og
Robert Dossett
Posted: Jul 31, 2007 06:06 AM
Everything was filtered into a clean barrel through the whole system. I am most inclined to believe I got a bad batch. I have gone over everything. I still need a new mix chamber, mine starts to leak after about an hour of spraying.

My A side side seal assembly was eating o-rings so I switched it out. I'll see if that helps tomorrow.
Arville Brown
Posted: Jul 31, 2007 02:58 PM
I had the same problem a couple of mounths ago had to buy new assembly block had bad places inside side seal on A side.. Been useing insulstar for three years best foam out there
Michael Flander
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 09:54 AM
Your mix chamber starts to leak after an hour of spraying? Would you elaborate on this a little bit for me?

Also, when you say your A side seal was eating O-Rings... what do you mean? Was there a burr on it that was wrecking them? Were you blowing them out?

Thanks,
Mike Flander - Endisys

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.