Q&A Forums

Milky TSL E-30 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 08:48 AM
Milky TSL E-30
I read about this somewhere on here but can't seem to find it now.
The TSL on my A side became all thick and milky looking and actually blew the breaker to the motor. I pulled the pump of and cleared all the old stuff out. What caused this?
clint moore
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 01:00 PM
TSL is the lubricant that constantly flushes the A side pump on the reactor. As the TSL gets contaminated it turns white. If the fluid is not changed out it eventually turns to a paste which will get thicker and harden after time. If this happens the paste is pulled into the pump possibly causing it not to seat properly and could lead to the pump seizing up,which in turn would cause the breaker to trip. When the fluid in the lube bottle turns white,change it out. Always "PARK" the reactor when you are shutting down to assure that the lines are closed. The B side pump is not self lubricated and will need TSL put on the top of the seal to keep it from drying out. If your lube bottle TSL is changing after a short time you may have a leak on your A side pump.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 07:00 AM
Thank you for that Max, I got everything back together and it all appears to be OK without a test run.(no time right now) I guess I will have to keep a closer eye on that bottle.
Later

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.