Q&A Forums

marketing Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Eric Sparks
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 02:48 PM
marketing
what kind of marketing have any of you found that works best, other then a home andgarden type show. thank you for any help
quentin
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 06:31 PM
Not sure on your question since I am still getting my rear together and starting up but you may want to look at selling to the government. Look up the Central Contractor Registry and the local SBDC office for that. Right now they are pushing for green technologies and energy effecient buildings. Bid to them with a bit lower profit and you should do OK since they will tend to be much bigger jobs. Also your local reps and etc should be interested in helping you.
Eric Sparks
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 04:26 PM
how often is spf used in state and government buildings?
Robert Webster
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 09:33 AM
SPF is being used more and more. I reccommend researching your local, state and federal offices and get on their registry of contractors Help familiarize them with the benefits of using foam (get them facts) vs fiberglass.
D. Backes
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 11:24 AM
As a newbie, I would think twice about any Gov't work because you end up waiting for payoff 90 days and even more. Unless you're well financed it could sink you quick. Also due to the financing of the job you should typically bid higher to cover your azz.
Claudia Hoffmann
Posted: May 06, 2008 03:42 PM
i am getting FREE!!! project leads from bbbid.com (bluebook)
Posted: May 13, 2008 03:20 PM
Michael,

I was checking out bbbid.com...
Can your really list for free?
It seems that their site is hosted by marchex.com which is an add placement company (just like google) who place listings on a series of networked websites.

I looks like they make you pay to run an add ($.05 per click as a minimum). I am curious if you have found a way to advertise for free?

Kindly,

Brian Hunt
www.roofcrafterswest.com
Eric Sparks
Posted: May 14, 2008 02:15 PM
i found the same thing, they want to charge you for a listing. has anyone really found any free sites that really work

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.