Q&A Forums

Marketing your SPF business Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 10:14 PM
Marketing your SPF business
The most important aspect of becoming of successful spray foam contractor is often the most overlooked and taken for granted. This is marketing. I have talked to may a contractor who has spent upwards of $100,000 to get into business, only to complain that they have little or no work. One thing is for certain. A Featured Contractor Listing on SprayFoamMagazine.com is the best $999 you will ever spend, and it is less than 1/2 the price of a set of hose. The next most valuable tool is to have website built. Check the powerful websites that SprayFoamMagazine.com offers exclusively. The next thing is to develop some literature and hit the pavement talking to, and educating local builders, facility owners and architects about the many advantages and energy saving benefits of spray polyurethane foam. Check our Marketing Page and our Online Marketing Blog for much more information on this subject.
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Jan 04, 2006 07:46 PM
We are a new company to our area, and most of our clients are coming from the Phone Book, and web site. I check my traffic daily to see what pages on my site are getting hit the most, and how much time on average is spent on each page. The other thing that we have been seeing is that other contractors in the phone book don't call people back or take forever to send out requested information - thanks for the extra business guys!!!!

Sending information out to your local contractors, land developers, etc only works if you keep it up. The more they see your name the more they are apt to give you a call. You have to spend money to make money, and you have to get out of bed early. Remember what B. Franklin said - The early bird gets the worm
Dave Kupfrian
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 02:24 PM
I put calls out to four installers in the area. Two weeks later, only one called me back. Is everyone out there to busy to call back? :o)

BHI you have a nice web site.
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 11:55 AM
I don't know if they are all too busy to call back, or to lazy. I don't understand it - they pay for an ad in the phone book but either don't answer the phone or don't return calls. Maybe they are all independently wealthy. All I know is that when my phone rings I answer it, or if a receive a message, I get back to each and everyone who took the time to call.

Thank you for the complement on the site RValue – I try to update it as much as possible because more and more consumers are visiting the web for information before they even pick up the phone. So this is the “First Impression” they get, and it has to stand out from the competition in your neighborhood. That is, if your competition has a site.
Jonathan Peyton
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 03:06 PM
A great way to market your business is to sign up with a service that polls all the new building permits. We have a nice set of literature that we send out to every person that files for a building permit in the surrounding (4) parishes (counties if you are outside LA). We have received a TREMENDOUS amount of business through this service. I believe we pay $360 for the service and it probably costs us $3 per mailer by the time you figure out postage, material cost & our time to do the mail merge. The service we subscribe to even lists property value, square footage, new/additions, etc..

Local home shows & joining your local Home Builders Assocociation are somewhat mandatory - we got best of show @ our Home Builder's show last year - we paid $300 for the show and got about $40K worth of business out of it.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 09:13 AM
You mention using a service that polls new permits. I am new to the industry in Indiana and would like to know how to find such a service.
What other types of advertising are people doing? I have been told that Radio is pretty good?
Chris Cole
Posted: May 15, 2008 11:30 PM
JP, This service is also going to be part of my marketing plan. What better way to pin point your potential customers! My only concern was the accuracy of its data. For example, John Doe applied for a new construction permit on a 3500 sqft home on Jan 1. By the time I get this info is it November? How accurate and timely is the info you are getting?

Chris
Eric Sparks
Posted: May 16, 2008 03:13 PM
jp or anyone else can you give me or sugest on how i find such a service.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.