Q&A Forums

marketing for consistency Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
william cole
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 12:11 PM
marketing for consistency
have been in the business for about 3 months now. doing a few jobs here and there. what is the best and most consistent way to market our product. i have joined the homebuilders association. what is the everyday thing for marketing that works the best.
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 08:27 AM
here is a simple,,low cost way to get your name out there,,,
make a postcard type mailer,,,simple and to the point...briefly describe what products and services you offer...
look at your homebuilder membership list...
email & fax to every available number/address you can find....even those not in the trade (plumbers, decorators, any and all)
do this once a month...most will get poop canned..but if 1/4 get looked at,,,it may generate a few calls,,,it does for me...

when i stared out and had too much down time on my hands,,i would cold call on the job site,,,offering my card, and a BRIEF dialoge if they would offer their ear...have your demo boxes in the truck with you if they want to touchy/feely the stuff....

if you are out of work...offer a "special discounted rate" to get you in the door,..
do a good install,,,clean up after yourself (and the slob electricians/plumbers/others)leave the site better than when you got there...
pay attention to detail,,,if you need to "spray more than bid" do it ...it will show your dedication to do a good job...and the money spent will return dividends.....

it will be a slow start if foam is not already being used in your area...but with patience, persaverence, hard work, good morals,,and alot of EDUCATION you will see things pick up...

after you complete a job,,,with the owner/builders permission,,, put an add in the local papers,,saying "thank you to XX home builders for another energy efficient home" with a few other lauditory salutations to spice it up...free add for the builder, and exposure for you too....

ok just a few ideas over the morning coffee,,,
now off to the salt mine to spray some foam...
yee ha
william cole
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 01:43 PM
thanks foamdude
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 02:11 AM
I have come across another place to advertise you business locally. This site is growing just like SprayFoamMagazine.com

The more you spread, the more you get. Any one interested hit our site and send a request, and we’ll send you an email on how to join.

FOAM IT ALL!!!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.