Q&A Forums

Make my H25 High Pressure.... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Cory Boehs
Posted: May 01, 2010 11:32 PM
Make my H25 High Pressure....
Has anybody looked into what it would take, or if it is possible to make a H25 high pressure? Had a friend that was bought a rig from CPI with an H25, had his A side pump go out after a year, and come to find out he has an HXP machine with an H25 cover! This got me to thinking about upgrading mine to high pressure. I see mine has the 120 3500 PSI pumps on it, is it the hydraulic motors that would need changing? I do have the 12500 watt heaters. Thanks!
Posted: May 02, 2010 08:58 AM
Three months after I got set up and running my E30 shut down with an E30 code. I grabbed the manual to see what an E30 code was.....nothing there. Called my supplier....he never heard of it. He called the factory and someone there never heard of it ether.
To make a long story shorter....they finally suggested it was the mother board that fried some of it's components.
Everything on my EXP2 looks the same as the E30 except the number on it.I pulled the board out of the EXP2 and stuck it in the E30.....It fired right up....but guess what...I had the pressure set at 2100 PSI in the ExP2 and when I switched it over it immediately jumped to 2100.
I never tried spraying with it because I needed both machines for what I was doing, but I have a feeling the only difference between the two is in the board.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: May 02, 2010 05:36 PM
CoryD - is your H25 a reactor or an H20/35 unit? The 3500 psi pumps are 80 size, not 120 which is 2000 psi or you could have 104 pumps that would be 2500 psi H20/35 series or pro. It should be stamped on your pump cylinder. You could change your pumps and your pressure switches for higher pressure. It would cost you about $6k.
Cory Boehs
Posted: May 02, 2010 07:02 PM
sprayfoam-goddess, they have the 120 3500 psi pumps on it, at least that is what it is stamped with. So what is going on? Did CPI sell me a hybrid also? What also got me wondering about it was that I seen an H40 at my local service center with the 120/3500 PSI pumps on it. It is an H25 that was purchased last February.
Bryan Kwater
Posted: May 03, 2010 11:35 AM
My H-25 also has 120 pumps listed as a max. working pressure of 3500 psi. My machine is quite a bit older than yours.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 03, 2010 09:09 PM
An H25 and an HXP 2 look the same. The differeces are:

H25 has 120 size pumps, HXP2 has 80 size pumps.
H25 has max pressure of 2,000psi, HXP2 has 3,500psi. This parameter is set by one of the micro switches on the motor control board. On the switch, on is 2,000psi, off is 3,500 psi. JUST BECAUSE THE 120 PUMPS HAVE A MAX PRESSURE OF 3,500PSI DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD RUN AN H25 AT 3,500PSI. The hoses and other parts of the H25 have a max pressure of 2,000psi. RUNNING AN H25 AT HIGHER THAN RATED PRESSURE CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY!
H25 has standard 8kw heaters or optional 15kw. HXP2 has standard 15kw heaters.
H25 puts out 25lbs of material per minute, HXP2 puts out about 20lbs. Larger pumps (120) put out higher volume at a lower pressure. Smaller pumps (80) put out lower volume at a higher pressure. The hydraulic motor and pump is the same on both units.

The E30 and EXP2 have the same differences as the H25 and HXP2. E30, larger pumps, lower pressure, EXP2, smaller pumps, higher pressure. They look the same, but if you look close, you can see the pumps are different. The boards are the same, you set the pressure on the board for the machine you have.

Hope this helps,

George
Posted: May 06, 2010 09:19 PM
georgeous george
he knows his stuff
and in a fight
he's plenty tough
so pay attention
to what he says
nhsprayfoam
the place to be
if you value your money
just like me

burma shave
Cory Boehs
Posted: May 09, 2010 12:37 AM
Thanks, everybody! This was just one of those things that I got to wondering about one late night coming home when the oncoming lights had those gorgeous haloes around them. I have no use right now for a high pressure machine, but wondered if I could do it, or if I would have to buy an HXP2. I really don't want to rig sumpin! Keep that trigger pulled
Posted: May 09, 2010 07:48 AM
cory,,
you really need to where full face if you being haloed...
just not a good thing to have happen when it is easily preventable...
3m 6900 series will work great as will the other brands...
peace
dude
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 10, 2010 09:06 PM
Cory, what are you using for respiratory protective equipment? Have you been trained on spf health and safety? Check out the health and safety section on this site. https://sprayfoammagazine.com/spps/ahpg.cfm?spgid=60 as well as the american chemisty council www.spraypolyurethane.com

George
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: May 11, 2010 12:16 PM
Sorry I wasn't there to finish this - thanks George! My laptop crashed, I 've been packing and mov,n had to buy a netbook.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.