Q&A Forums

kaeser compressor Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
jerry rader
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 12:54 PM
kaeser compressor
Does anybody out there use a kaeser compressor/dryer sm11 combo "3ph"? I know where I can pick one up for 2500 bucks. Starting to piece together a spray rig and looking at a guardian a5 6000. Dont want to regreat any choices later on so trying to buy the best that I can afford. Hey Troutkiller if you read this could you send me you number? I would like to pick your brain for a while. jerryrader4@cs.com
Trey Gibson
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 06:46 PM
Great, Great compressor. We put the 5hp model on our last rig and it has performed very well. That sounds like a damn good price considering I think we paid close to 6 for ours. We went cheap on another compressor before and have had some big issues. I feel this is the best you can get.
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 10:11 PM
3ph probably means 3 phase which you won't be able to run unless you have a generator. If it is a typo and supposed to be 3hp it probably isn't big enough for the air demands of the A5 you need at least 24cfm at 100psi and you want some reserve so the compressor isn't working at 100% duty cycle.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
jerry rader
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 02:14 PM
Yes it is 10hp, 3 phase, and I plan on buying a 40 kw diesel generator if I can get the compressor bought. It is a 2004 model so thats why its so cheap.I have had several electricans tell me 3 phase is the way to go if you need lots of good constant power and its basically the same price v/s single phase.
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 04:07 PM
the big k rocks. at least by all acounts i have heard. i had one of thier 7.5 screws in mind for my rig. but, theauction ended early due to buy it now. 3phase to single phase is an easy switch if you change ur mind bout the genset

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.