Q&A Forums

ISO Hardening Fusion AP Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Shane B
Posted: Jan 17, 2017 02:32 AM
ISO Hardening Fusion AP
I have recently switched to a Fusion AP gun for our business and like it a great deal. The only issue I can see it that the Iso will harden in the side seal cartridge O-rings after a week or so of uses and it eventually causes issues. During shutdown we reduce all of the pressure off the supply lines and grease the gun via the zert. I anticipate maintenance on the gun, but I would love to lengthen the time period between tear downs. Any suggestions out there as far as shutdown operations to alleviate iso crystallization? We have a similar issue on the O-ring on the check valve for the ISO. That issue is minor because it takes a lot longer, but any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
AirEquipment
Jason Weber Director of Marketing Air Equipment and Repair, Inc.
Posted: Jan 17, 2017 02:07 PM
Shane, have you tried flushing the gun during quitting time everyday? We recommend using Glycol Ether and flushing every day as part of your daily routine. Here's a video showing you how to flush out a Fusion Gun.

http://air-equipment.blogspot.com/2016/10/tech-tips-episode-1-flushing-your-spray.html

You can always call us at 1-800-677-3487 as well. I hope this helps.
Jjnsn

Jay Johnson

National Sales Manager

CJ Spray Inc.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 02:18 PM
Shane,

My thoughts are that it's not the gun, but a moisture issues. Make sure that the air going to the Fusion is dry. Use a refrigerated air dryer on your system, or check that your current system is operating properly.
Shane B
Posted: Jan 25, 2017 01:29 AM
Jason, I like the idea of flushing the gun if it's an efficient operation, which it seems to be judging by the video. I would like to look into getting a manifold to perform this task and see if it solves my issue.
Shane B
Posted: Jan 25, 2017 01:29 AM
Jason, I like the idea of flushing the gun if it's an efficient operation, which it seems to be judging by the video. I would like to look into getting a manifold to perform this task and see if it solves my issue.
Shane B
Posted: Jan 25, 2017 01:31 AM
Jay, I think that the moisture could be a concern, but we are very diligent in removing moisture from our operation. So in this scenario, I have a feeling that it's not the problem. Thanks for the input, I like looking at my problems from all angles.
AERtech

Repair and Tech support for Air Equipment & Repair

Posted: Feb 03, 2017 03:29 PM
Shane,

http://www.airequipmentstore.com/PMC-TL-12-Flush-Tank_p_258.html

this is the tank that we stock, its 2 gallons, which should last about a month with regular flushing.

We do offer smaller 2 qt tanks if you would rather have something smaller.
Rodger
Posted: Feb 22, 2017 06:05 PM
Before you grease the gun at the end of the day make sure you purge out the excess material in the gun.
1). set the safety.
2). close the manual valves on the gun.
3). open safety.
4). Pull trigger and purge gun.
5). set safety and purge again.
now grease gun,safety on, air on, grease mist out of gun, shut off air.
beringstar
Posted: Sep 12, 2017 06:01 AM
Flush the gun everyday? Not good advice. Unnecessary and impossible to implement into a day to day operation. I never flush my gun. If you are having problems it isn't because you aren't flushing the gun.
mark moyer
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 11:04 PM
impossible to implement? bad advice???
the right way,,the wrong way and my way maybe (or baby)
flush pot with solvent...5/16 nuttdrvr,,squirrrttt and its clear thru the gun screens if you purge long enuf...
takes about 1 minute,,unless your txtin your homeys while you shut down???

i personally am a "tweaker",,,i prefer to tear my spray gun down after each spraying session,,,gross clean and soak the parts in cider over nite,,i havent sprayed in 5 or 6 years,,,so i dont know poop from apple butter....each one of my boyz does it there way. theirs is wrong!!! n i tell em so!! remember: the right way, the wrong way, and my way...nuff said..
along came the fusion spewshot or watever its called,,ok if it works for you,,,god bless you and your little dog...and your operating cost,,god bless graco and their big dog...(yes i use graco equip and parts as needed,,pmpilsh)
imho...you can leave your gun up and grease if you spray daily and it is warm,,,read: and it is warm (>75?you tell me)...viscosity is a biatch...
spf dont like <50deg f,,

if i solvent purge my gun i do not grease...as long as the solvent is compatable with the orings you have removed all contaminants and grease is not neccessary...(but i prefer to strip the gun and soak overnite...)
if you pressure down,,trigger gun to release inner port pressure and grease,,than let it sit with the grease if you so choose this route,,,remember tho..
when it gets cold (<50deg f) grease can become an obstuction media after a short time...i call em grease buggers,,but again,,im told imma foamtweaker...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.