Q&A Forums

Is 60 psi enough for fresh air system w bullard mask Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 03, 2011 03:32 PM
Is 60 psi enough for fresh air system w bullard mask
Just got a 5.6 cfm compressor to run fresh air system. In line filter etc.

I hear 5cfm per mask.

ComP will only go up to 60 psi. Is this enough for a grown man ?
steven argus
Posted: Mar 03, 2011 03:41 PM
Is the pressure switch adjusted properly?

We're looking to upgrade fresh air system. What did you get?

Man this site is a great way to procrastinate. Hope the boss isn't looking.
Posted: Mar 03, 2011 04:56 PM
Lol yea its turned up all the way. Oly when the mask is hooked up will it not climb highrr than 60
Daniel X
Posted: Mar 03, 2011 08:27 PM
Do you seriously want 60psi at your mask, because I sure as hell don't...? Have you ever worn an SCBA or used supplied air before?
Mike Asbra
Posted: Mar 03, 2011 09:11 PM
It is my understanding that OSHA requires 4 cfm's at the mask, and 6 cfm's for hood application. PSI or CFM's, hood or mask, compressed air or blower systems. What were you using when you stated spraying? Chances are you still use the same respiratory system that your first rig had. You owe it to yourself to shop, summer is weeks away. Take 10 minutes and pull up the Tennessee Chill Box. 85 cfm's with a chill factor of 46 degrees. We have high end insulation companies running 2 or 3 lines with one, small, 65 lb portable system. Mask or hood, this summer you deserve it.
sprayfoammagazine.com, facebook, google, etc.
Posted: Mar 13, 2011 03:58 PM
The pressure knob is all the way up (Seriously?) lol.

What I am saying is, while the compressor goes up to 200, when my mask is attached, it goes down to 60 and stays there.

I am just trying to confirm with people in the know, that 60 is just fine and will not cause the contaminated air from the 'out' hole in the mask to come in on a big breath (following me?).

The one person I asked said it is okay.

I would jsut like to confirm with more than one person, so I can spray without worry. The one job I did with it went fine and I had no headache as I have had in the past when accidentally breathing in a breath or two of fumes while testing the gun in the back of the truck alongside the machine.

And no lol, I don't want to buy your products o.O
Daniel X
Posted: Mar 13, 2011 04:46 PM
It sounds like you're quite confused...

You'll only want 5psi or less at your mask, it is the VOLUME of air that counts not the pressure.

Your compressor isn't capable of maintaining 200psi at the volume you're using air is all.
Posted: Mar 13, 2011 05:49 PM
So at the air filtration panel i have, the knob with the pressure gauge before my air line to the mask should be set to 4 psi? It goes to 100. Sorry if i had this wrong.

I just can't believe it really.
Daniel X
Posted: Mar 13, 2011 07:06 PM
You can't believe what?

Go ahead and put the mask on and try it...

I guarantee you wont even keep the mask on your face at 100psi...
Posted: Mar 13, 2011 08:32 PM
That i had it so wrong.so 4 psi?
Brian Bothun
Posted: Mar 13, 2011 09:42 PM
My bullard system runs full boar and i have no problems keeping it on my face. It's comfortable and actually helps keep me cool...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.