Q&A Forums

insurance Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 11:04 AM
insurance
Check your insurance limits on your tools. Just had a fire in my shop and I only had $4000.00 in tool and equipment in the shop had coverage if it were in the trailer but not in the shop. Check to see if its covered in both places.
Lane
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 07:33 PM
lane..
sorry to hear about your loss,,
if there is anything mps can do to
help u through this,,let me know

most spf contractors are grossly under/mis insured...make your insurance agent esplain to you what you are getting for your premium
you started tryin to save $$ and this was a big place to safe,,but now you have big $$ in your shop and shop equip,,your rig and its equip,,and reality is,,,90% of those reading are under insured and 95% of those dont know it...

this is part of the low ball biddin crap that goes on
they park the rig in their driveway at home
they opt of work comp insurance
cause they and momma do the work
they arent registered contractors
they have no or are under insured regarding liability
they know your price cause you cause you dont/cant hide it and will under bid you for the job if they get the chance
and they will do a sceddity job and the customer will be disappointed with spf
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 09:56 PM
It wasn't too bad was lucky and the trailer was out side so the important things were not in the fire but we do have alot of stuff with alot of smoke damage. But check what they will and won't cover. When I got the insurance was when I got the building and wasn't much in it but didn't give the collection an inventory till now oops.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.