Q&A Forums

Insurance ASAP PLEASE HELP!! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Samantha Linder
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 01:56 PM
Insurance ASAP PLEASE HELP!!
Hi, my father is starting a new Spray Foam company. We are based out of Florida and we have had the hardest time finding insurance for our company. Could anyone tell me a good insurance company that actually covers businesses like ours? If so it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Samantha Linder
Agrifoam Systems Florida, LLC
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 09:31 PM
tigerlily,,,nice name :)
my lily's are in full bloom and the garden is beautiful right now!

make sure you are looking for commercial carriers,,,painters, roofing companies and the likes carriers...

email sent...
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 09:31 PM

make sure you are looking for commercial carriers,,,painters, roofing companies and the likes carriers...

email sent...
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 09:34 PM

email sent...
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 06:43 PM
What did you say?
Melvin Chandler
What did you say?
Melvin Chandler
What did you say?
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 07:06 AM
when i would hit enter the post it would show an error and a message sent to the sysop...
can you imagine it occurred 3 times? so i resent it 3 times....
can you hear me major tom????
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 07:06 AM
when i would hit enter the post it would show an error and a message sent to the sysop...
can you imagine it occurred 3 times? so i resent it 3 times....
can you hear me major tom????
it is doing it now as we type...on this post too...so here comes another triple...hee hee
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 09:19 PM
If you are a licensed builder it is no problem you will be covered under their general contractor policy. If not good luck even though some of the trades don't require a state license the insurance compaines wont cover you. Not sure how being a licensed builder atomatically quailifies me to apply SPF but whatever.
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 09:19 PM
If you are a licensed builder it is no problem you will be covered under their general contractor policy. If not good luck even though some of the trades don't require a state license the insurance compaines wont cover you. Not sure how being a licensed builder atomatically quailifies me to apply SPF but whatever.
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 11:21 PM
dave s...there aint a builder around that will knowingly cover your liability under his coverage!
yes, it will provide him some protection in a "disaster" situation...and you will never work in the local area again....but believe me..the general, the finacial institution financing the project, the customer all think you have your own coverage (we provide a certificate of insurance with each project we bid/complete)
buy a policy...1 mill coverage with 1 mill umbrella for custom and residential work...
more if commercial...industrial,,,or other funky applications...
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jul 24, 2006 07:42 PM
Sorry I should have specified. I am a licensed builder and I have my own policy, by their I 'm talking about the insurance compaines policies that you can purchase. In michigan you do not have to be licensed to install insulation, however it is hard to get an insurance company to cover you unless you have some sort of license. ie general contractor license. If you went to the insurance company and said I'm going to be installing SPF they will reqiure you are licensed even though techincally you do not have to be. Some agencies will bend on this if you have been a customer for awhile.
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jul 24, 2006 07:42 PM
Sorry I should have specified. I am a licensed builder and I have my own policy, by their I 'm talking about the insurance compaines policies that you can purchase. In michigan you do not have to be licensed to install insulation, however it is hard to get an insurance company to cover you unless you have some sort of license. ie general contractor license. If you went to the insurance company and said I'm going to be installing SPF they will reqiure you are licensed even though techincally you do not have to be. Some agencies will bend on this if you have been a customer for awhile.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.