Q&A Forums

Ignition barrier foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 09:06 AM
Ignition barrier foam
Dow claims to have passed the new ICC-ES test criteria for crawlspaces and attics and no longer need an ignition barrier as long as the foam is under 10" thick. They said that they should have an ICC-ES report around the end of the first quarter of this year. Do you know of any other company that has also passed this new test?
mason
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 09:27 AM
Yes, La Polla was the first to pass the new attic and crawl space test. I don't know if they have an ES report yet. I will check on it.
CHARLES MAURO
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 01:40 PM
Hi Mason,

Any luck on finding an ICC-ES for the LaPolla or Dow ccSPF acceptable as an ignition barrier?

Thanks
mason
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 02:12 PM
So far there are no ICC ES reports listed on the ICC ES website for La Polla or Dow's sprayfoam.
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 04:06 PM
I have the ICC ES Evaluation Report for Lapolla if anyone needs it.

Email me at:

steve@alphaonespf.com and I will send it. You can go to the ICC page and pull up Lapolla and it will be on there also.

Steve
mason
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 12:31 PM
What is the ES number? I did not see the La Polla evaluation report when I went to the website.
mason
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 01:05 PM
OK found it. Lapolla does have approval for bare foam in attics based on the new test for their 2 lb foam but not for their 1/2 lb foam.

ESR numbers are 2629 for the 2 lb foam
and 2847 for the 1/2 lb foam.
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 06:54 PM
basf's 81206 has icc-es report showing ok left exposed in attics and crawls meeting criteria..as does their cc comfort foam series..
most closed cells will pass if the manufacturers pony up the $$ for the testing...
it has been expressed to me that it is doubtful that oc foams will ever gain this approval...cant give you an educated answer why,,cause im a hillbilly foamer,,,but ask your manufacturer,,if they cant answer you,,switch,,
if you are applying products without ul or icc-es documents,,run and hide,,you wont be for long,,the code officials are becomeing well educated on what can and should be done with spf...good ridence,,and back to lawn care/flat work wif ya..

go to icc-es.org website,,,enter company or product name in search bar,,lapollas there as are a few others,,it aint that tough,,knowledge dont hurt and in a lot of cases its free,,,while there search for ac-377 16 pages,,lots of big words too...but its black and friggin white,,,
death to the hillbillies,,,

i put my rig
up for sale
craigslist and ebay
my skin got pale
a gazzillion rigs
for a buck ninety nine
to many girls to little time...
burma shave

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.