Q&A Forums

hydraulic stall on the H20/35 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Thomas Barbato
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 07:10 AM
hydraulic stall on the H20/35
i use an H20/35 series machine that i got in "03" and a couple of years ago it began to what i can only say is "stall" occasionally while spraying.(a hydraulic stall)we then had to go to the machine and merely tap lightly the reversing switch rocker arm. i replaced the reversing switch (didn't help), the directional valve (didn't help) and then i noticed activator plate had worn grooves where it contacts the rocker arm so i replaced and that didn't help either. the stalling has gotten worse as it stalls so often it is affecting the quality of the foam application and i practically need someone to sit in the truck to tap the switch when the pressure drops due to the stalling. my equipment supplier and Graco both were of no help as they say the machine loses communication between the switch and the valve and they said it was due to a malfunction in one of those two parts.thing is they are both new. has anyone had a this problem or know of a possible solution.
clint moore
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 10:45 AM
In which direction does it stall?
Thomas Barbato
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 01:16 PM
mostly on the right when i've seen it but sometimes on the left. i installed a new pump on the B side ( because the old style pumps leak a heck of a lot more and i got sick of rebuilding them. i have to machines with the new style pumps that never leak so i switched my older h20/35's pumps on B side to the new ones) Anyways,at that time i also replaced the high psi switch on the B side but the switch on the A side is the original ( high psi sw )and its 5 1/2 years in service. i'm wondering if the old one is malfunctioning and incorrectly sending it into over psi stall. ????
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 09:41 PM
When was the last time you rebuilt the A pump?

George
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 07:06 AM
i remember reading sumpin about having to adjust the position of the switch on the end that it doesnt trip all the way,,,(towards the center block of the machine)
it seems that when the pump is strokein it will come up short on hittin the switch completely and to detent and it will stall about a third of the way thru its next stroke,,,

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.