Q&A Forums

How long does it take, how many times... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 07:58 PM
How long does it take, how many times...
How long do I have to be spraying before I learn to stop getting overspray on stuff! You get that hood on and that gun blazing, and go go go! Next thing you know, overspray on something that wasn't prepped properly. Latest victim is a new one piece, fiberglass tub and shower. Any ideas on cleaning it? Besides the clay bar? Has anyone ever had to have one refinished?

George
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 08:31 PM
I used the surf-x on one once, let it soak for a couple minutes and it came right off. I scraped off the large splatter and just had the surface adhesion to remove with the surf-x. It can't hurt to try right? It also works on enamel finish wood stoves too!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 09:04 PM
The more interesting question is why does it always stick to what it isn't supposed to and often doesn't stick where it should?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 09:25 PM
I feel your pain George. We nailed a fireplace/insert back in 2000. Used clay to clean it. Did a good job.

Better days ahead,

oG
Rob Granger
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 10:11 PM
What is Surf-X? and where does one get it.

Thanks

YES FOAM
Grady Littlehale
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 07:17 AM
Been there, done that. Have used the Surfx on a fiberglass shower also. Had a complaint by the homeowner that the finish was dull. Might want to try it in a hard to see spot first. I used Dawn dish soap, a kitchen sponge and good old elbow grease.REALLY SUCKED

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.