Q&A Forums

How did you get your financing? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Frankie Aladi
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 10:06 AM
How did you get your financing?
There is the Small Business Administration and their are banks and their are home equity loans, credit cards and all kinds of loans. Then again thier is the good old personal funds or family help. This question is to the seasoned foamers, what method did you use to start up your business. What is the shortfall if any of your chosen fincane method? Will you use this method of finance if you had to do it again? What exactly will you do differenlty ?.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 25, 2007 12:33 PM
Personal funds, denying self. Hard first winter. 23-good years thereafter.

olger
philip mullins
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 08:24 AM
i am by no means a veteran foamer. but, this is my third buisness and my other two are still going strong. so i know a little about the administrative side of things. and i have to agree with olger, if you can swing it, out of pocket is the best way to go. if not, i would start with the sba. much better interest rates there. put together a detailed buisness plan. and if you have any prospective customers lined up get them to write you letters of intent. these are things that you will need regardless of what sort of lending institution you use. show them you have a solid plan. and that you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. and be ready to go to work as soon as you can. when the payments are due your lender will not be interested in excuses. no matter how legitimate they are. research, plan, execute. i hope this helps.
Frankie Aladi
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 04:54 PM
Thanks Guys for all the input.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.