Q&A Forums

hose wrap Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Harry S
Posted: Sep 04, 2008 10:08 AM
hose wrap
anybody out there using something other than duct tape to wrap their hoses? if so, what?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Sep 04, 2008 12:24 PM
Most contractors will wrap in plastic wrap/stretch wrap/saran wrap, then put hose sleeving on, then duct tape. Plastic wrap will contain a leak, and keep duct tape from sticking to the foam wrap. Some will tape and then sleeve it, but it can get torn and caught on nails/screws. Sleeving is about 1.20 a foot and comes in many colors, I like pink & purple, lol. It makes a BOLD statement.
clint moore
Posted: Sep 05, 2008 02:37 PM
1) electrical tape around the connections.
2) scuff jacket hose.
3) plastic wrap hose.
4) duct tape hose.
This allows you to cut the tape,slide back scuff and do repairs on joints and retape.
We use to just duct tape hose over scuff jacket first sticky side up then rewrap sticky side down.
Too time consuming & expensive.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 10:03 AM
Hey maxx,

what do you think of the pink & purple?
clint moore
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 10:20 AM
Not too keen on the purple,but I like the pink. Call me.
P.S. like the picture,peace.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 12:56 PM
That was from UCSC, I got to get new ones loaded, I am blonde now, bring on the jokes.
quentin
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 02:11 PM
How does a blonde turn on the lights?

She opens the car door!

:D

Hmmm, pink hoses would be pretty cool to have. I may have to get my hands on some spray paint or etc for that then. I like to keep people around me on their toes and wondering. Saves them asking me stupid questions as often if they aare a bit nervious. LOL
Linerman
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 07:23 PM
why just stop at pink & purple and get the whole rainbow color scheme going:)
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 05:23 AM
newbee foamer with multicolored hose:
homofomo
Linerman
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 08:13 PM
LOL, thats wrong.
clint moore
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 11:18 AM
This just in,Lime green.
Michael Flander
Posted: Oct 02, 2008 11:14 AM
Or you could paint your toenails and wear sandles.
Eric Machemer
Posted: Oct 07, 2008 03:10 PM
Two blondes finish a puzzle after 4 months. One blonde says to the other "Boy, that was impressive. The box said 3-5 years!"
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 09:21 AM
Hey - that was a good one! I didn't know you got on here, email me sometime.
Yvan Richard
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 10:34 PM
I have been buying hose without the scuff jacket. I first cut strips of 6 mill poly approx. 12" wide. I wrap is right against the hose, when you are wrapping the hose it over laps many time. You probably end up with 30 mill of poly. I then simply duct tape it. This is very inexpensive.
SPFer
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 06:37 AM
We've never used the plastic or poly liner. I can see the upside, but how about the fact that if there is a leak in your hose, you won't know about it?
SPFer
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 06:38 AM
We also did use blue and red duct tape. Each section was a different color so you knew how much hose you had out.
Daniel X
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 08:57 PM
If I had a leak in my hose, I would know about it, because I keep an eye of my gauges.
SPFer
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 09:05 PM
Gauges? Where are those at and what do they look like?
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 05:46 AM
caddis,,
if you have a leak,,you will know it..(by now you have the experience to "feel it" at the gun,,and your eyeballs will tell ya on the wall that somethings amiss),,,but back to plastic wrapped hose set and a leak,,
it will..like water thru a leakin roof,,find its way somewhere to let you know..
but it is a great fluid containment system in a disaster like a leak in the hose,,and may help you avoid a costly and sometimes difficult cleanup bill...
i like to shrink wrap cause it helps compact the system as you pull it around the hose set,,,
it also keeps the tape off your hose set and allows you a layer of interference to gain access..
now then,,,had an electrician tell me that duct tape is conductive,,and darned tootin he's right...
(i like the idea of 6mil or better poly and will look at that install,,probably will still shrink wrap it though,,,i want the containment for my system)

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.