Q&A Forums

Hose Sleeving Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 01:53 PM
Hose Sleeving
yeah - we have posted a million times and you know I like the pink & purple options from Techflex, but anyone tried the Southern Weaving stuff, its open/close with velcro?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 05:59 PM
I had one of my customers using something that looked like that. Not sure if it was that brand. It was nice stuff, rugged. Expensive though, I thought it was $5 a foot.

George
Cory Boehs
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 07:17 PM
Southern Weaving is the way to go! If you go through them I don't think that it is higher than $2.00 per foot.
Tyler Boehs
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 10:06 PM
goddess, Which product from TechFlex do you use? By the way I have sprayed with Cory's rigs and the stuff he uses is very nice!!
mark moyer
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 07:07 PM
anyone but us have trouble with flex mesh stuff snaggin on about everything in the residential/commercial interior application?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 09:20 PM
Tyler-the flexo pet was what I once sold - orange was .60 ft. Dude we always wrapped in shrink-wrap tight (to contain leaks and retain heat), then duct tape sticky side up and sticky side down - so it sticks to itself and then some orange scuff so ppl see it and it glides along the floor easier.
mark moyer
Posted: Aug 01, 2012 05:31 AM
seems a bit redundant,,to this hillbilly,,,
we quit using it under the tape and shrink wrap,,
we too liberally wrap with shrink wrap and do wrap with gorilla tape,,,trying to overlap the tape 50% on each wrap...when it get crappy we add more tape,,frequently right out in the field..
not sure about your upside down thingy,,robin,,
i have never had trouble cutting down a hose set with a liberal wrap of shrinkwrap interface and a regular tapeing of duct tape,,but hey man you must have the patience of a woman...lol
but robin,,at the risk of sounding argumentive,,in my world,,this stuff dont glide along the floor easier,,come take a look,,looks dandy,,lots better than duct,,but it snags on everything,,would be great on a roof...i think??
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Aug 04, 2012 10:29 PM
Well, the snagging thing, well yes I can see that and I guess it would depend on the tightness of the knit...know what I mean? Since I have seen all different wraps, techflex, nelco, graco...somes just better than others ya know? Some is slick and some is kinda like sticky and a tuff time getting it over the hoses yes!! pay the shop boys for that.

Redundant - yes but protect it, cuz I hate hearing about how much it costs! LOL - I think and I don't know for sure - it would be easier to tape it up, several layers, when its all clean and new, than when its all crappy and dirty.
Kyle Beckley
Posted: Jan 12, 2013 01:37 PM
New to the board and glad I found this place! We just purchased a Demilec brand spray rig and one of their field techs told me to go to a local fire station and find old fire hose. They have to replace it every so often due to regulations. Its usually free and all you need is the scuff shield from it. Its meant to be drug around and is very durable. Comes in 50ft sections too! Im stopping by a couple places today to find some.
dave defehr
Posted: Jan 16, 2013 09:45 PM
Does wrapping your hose in plastic wrap and duct tape really retain that much heat? I have an E10( with hose heat), so if wrapping the hose with this stuff does retain that much heat then Im gonna try it. Please let me know who out there does this, I'm curious! Thanks.
mark moyer
Posted: Jan 17, 2013 05:16 AM
i wrap and tape,,,
im sure it has insulative value but i use it for a scuff guard layer,,

see dialoge above,,,
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 21, 2013 09:29 PM
I got a couple of samples today from Tompkins. They are a distributor for Southern Weaving. Looks like pretty good stuff. It has a much finer knit than the plasticy type stuff that Graco sells. Doesn't look like it would fray and snag quite so easy as some of the others.Prices seem competitive.........especially compared to a new hose.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Feb 06, 2013 10:40 AM
You going to FL next week Skip?

E-10 guy - you have unheated hoses on there, you should first add pipe insulation.
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 08, 2013 08:50 PM
I'll be there Goddess. Looking forward to it actually. It was -10 here this morning and expecting 12-18" of snow tonight. Can't spray, may as well play!
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Oct 15, 2013 10:15 AM
Graco has some new sleeving, need someone to get some on and tell me how good it is....
Jesse Michalski
Posted: Oct 20, 2013 09:34 PM

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.