Q&A Forums

hose heat Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Energy Tech Solutions Inc. - Chuck Costa
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 07:41 PM
hose heat
my company bought a truck that the hose heat is is heated by the coolant from the truck and i am wondering about other peoples opion about this type of system!
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 01:56 PM
I'll guess that it is manufactured by PSI industries. They are innovative, and should have the benefit of the doubt.

og
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 04:03 PM
had a young man spraying with me for a bit that used one of those systems at his previous place of employment...they liked it alot...it seems like a good idea..i have looked at it and will consider the system when i turn over the current big rig...
i believe there are a couple of these systems manufacturers out there...
PSI folks seem very accessable...at least before the sale....
i too would like to hear from those useing the system to see what they think
Energy Tech Solutions Inc. - Chuck Costa
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 09:42 AM
The guys at PSI are great!I find it hard to regulate the heat the way the electric machines do.
Dave Strnad
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 05:35 AM
My system is similar to that, but self built in a trailer instead of a truck. I really like it. It is inexpensive to replace hoses, no electronics, and it maintains temp really well. Controlling temp is no problem, and I would say they hold temp better than electric. They work because they hold large quantites of water/coolent which is maintained at temp close to your set temp. Because of this you get even temps, the only problem is that your heating your material with water that is close to your set temp. Because of this it take a very large heat exchanger and holds more material which takes longer to flush through when changing products or adjusting temps, etc. I like it, in fact I am building another based on the viscount II hydraulic instead of the bulldog air motor and hopefully be putting it in a truck.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.