Q&A Forums

Here's a good one for ya Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SPFer
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 02:33 PM
Here's a good one for ya
Gave a lady a bid for over $9k to spray her attic, 5" of closed cell. When I called to follow up with her she told she got a price for $4k, and she sounded very pissed at me. I almost told her, "sounds like an open cell price to me", but she was so upset I let it go. Got a call from her several weeks later. The contractor had sprayed 90% of the attic, had some equipment issues, took off and never came back. I told her we'd finish it for $2,500. When we showed up, it was open cell, looked like crap, off ratio, brittle etc. Here's the kicker, the contractor had sprayed the entire roof but left the top foot and a half uninsulated. The house had a ridge vent, she said the contractor told her he always leaves the ridge open for ventilation.

That contractor is no longer in business.

Just thought I'd share that one with you guys.
quentin
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 02:41 PM
Of course these idiots give us ALL a bad name and of course mean we have to jump through a ton of extra hoops with the inspectors now. Hope she sues the idiot out of existance for ANY kind of construction work ever again!
Ivan Pauliuchenka
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 07:03 PM
It is good one, Dave. Who would that be?
Terry Adams
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 12:40 AM
Got a lot of those types working the New Orleans area. They bid jobs for material costs and another thing they do is quote OC at 3 to 5 inches in the roof. I think the low bidders are getting a deposit then spray till that’s gone then go back and say they made a mistake and need more to finish. Anybody want to spray 7 sets of OC for $13,000. Happens a lot over there, I won’t be wasting my time or gas again.
SPFer
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 06:32 AM
Not gonna name any names on the forum Ivan. Next time you're in town, give me a shout and I'll tell you about it over a beer. Hope all is well.
Doug Commette
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 05:58 PM
Great Politics and Forum Use by not naming names. SprayFoamMagazine.com owes YOU a beer, for doing it right!!
Thanks
philip mullins
Posted: Feb 03, 2011 01:28 PM
ur right terry. strange sh!t going on in nola. and these guys all seem to be named after some sort of fruit or something hi-tech and futuristic sounding,lol. lets see, i will either give u half of what u need, or almost enough. its gonna be a surprise!thats realy how most of them bid!
and they love to spray open cell in crawl spaces round here. landfills are full of ripped out foam and warped floor boards.

guess all the old phone books floated away so peeps cant tell the 5 guys who have been doing this forever from the 50 who all they knew about foam is that they had a gd enough credit score or fema gave them enough $ for a big enough down payment to buy a rig and now they are out to get their $1000 a day! dumbasses! go back to lawn care

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.