Q&A Forums

Henry Permax Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: Nov 15, 2010 08:28 AM
Henry Permax
Who all has sprayed it? I tried their 1.8lb and was pretty impressed. I have been a LaPolla man for a while and found it and the Bay Systems both ALWAYS were about 200 lbs off pressue no matter what we did but the foam was always fine. Got a set of the Permax and it was dead on the whole time.

Wondering what others have had for experience with them for support and etc on their foams. I like the way it sprayed and am looking to switch and want see if the support is there after the sales like i have had with LaPolla and Bay or not. Also what the 2lb and .5lb spray like in comparison.
Dean Nash
Posted: Nov 15, 2010 09:58 AM
I'd say your experience is common-
They went through a personnel change after the Henry acquisition of RTC which caused some hiccups in the customer support area but have since gathered together what seems to be a good group of folks.

Took them forever to get the ICC approval which puzzled distributors, Independent Reps (I was an IR), and applicators but they seem to have all that worked out right now. Performance is consistent, reliable, and yield excellent but it will, in our experience, cause a little grief if the B side gets too hot during summer applications. Most CC's do but it does seem to froth a little cooler/sooner than some.

All in all, a good product that can give an applicator a solid advantage over some of the competition as it relates to yield & R-value. Very similar to Corbond which is worth a look as well if you are shopping.

Finally, and in my opinion, it's one of the least pungent foams which tends to create onlookers or spectators and make customers a little more comfortable despite knowing differently.

.5lb is relatively new but I've several applicators that RAVE about it with excellent yield being the primary boast.

Happy to provide references & numbers for applicators that are using it today; 877-342-3413 and we don't sell foam for the record.
IME/Joe
Rodney Schares
Posted: Nov 15, 2010 08:53 PM
I also am spraying Henry.
Their 1.8 is alright.The 2.0 W and 2.0 WW ihn my opinion had a better pattern than the 1.8.

Grat expansion and ease of application with the 1.8,the 2# has a nice smooth skin if applies in uniform lifts.

Im in Iowa and ambient temp have been low to mid forties. I have been spraying exterior foundations with temps on my line heat between 118-120 A 118-120 and B120-123. Gauges will run aroun 150-200 high on B side but like you said with the 1.8 they are dead nuts or within 50lbs.

Ever spray certainteed? We have a Gusmer h20/35 210' of hose fusion CS and my B was always 350-400 lbs off from the A side.
quentin
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 08:55 AM
Never tried certainteed but really liked the 1.8 for R value and yield. I did a crawl with it recently to try and the clients really were impressed with how well it all worked. I do a LOT of crawl spaces and metal buildings. If it sticks well and performs like that on the metal buildings then I am sold on it for my closed cell.

I may have to see if they sell any barrels of just resin next since I have an ISO supply building up. I do our overs so I don't have old iso but a little here and there over time adds up.
Rodney Schares
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 05:16 PM
I have a threaded pour spout that I use when my drums get low. When there is a few gallons left in the drum I'll switch to a full set then when we get back for the night I will thread in the spout and dump the remainder into another partial ISO and use it up as soon as I can.

I like to keep the partial going through the lines to keep that ISO from getting gelled up or coagulated.

What have you been running for temps on your HENRY 1.8.

Mine have been 118,118,120. Pressure was 700 on the hydralics while running an 01 and 02 chamber.
quentin
Posted: Nov 18, 2010 12:52 AM
Sounds like the same setup I use for pour overs. Just a piece of steel pipe threaded in to an adapter that fits the bung and off you go.

I was running about 120 across the board in a crawl when I tried it out. Pressures were in the 1100 range though I spray and tell my guys up and down on the temps and pressures to adjust things as needed. I was using an A5 and 02 chamber with an 03 tip for a wide pattern due to it being a close shot to the underside of the floor I was spraying.
steven argus
Posted: Nov 18, 2010 05:25 PM
Careful Quentin, we used to run a bigger tip with a smaller chamber and ran into some mixing issues. 01 chamber and an 02 tip. Some bays would shrink up, some would look good. 01 tip w/ 01 chamber and the problem went away. We can get away with it with open cell, just not closed cell. Certainly not trying to be a know it all here. Just looking out for ya.
quentin
Posted: Nov 18, 2010 06:24 PM
Thanks! I have heard of people saying they had that problem and it seemed to me if you bumped the pressures it solves it since when I did that it never happened again. Then again, changing tips is fast and easy with the P2 so if I see a problem develop it is a quick change. Luckily it hasn't been a problem today with an 02/03 combo and only really happened to me with smaller chambers.
John Shockney
Posted: Nov 18, 2010 09:04 PM
I was told by one of the techs at GlassCraft that if you run a larger mixing chamber with a smaller tip (03 chamber/02 or 01 tip) that you could run lower pressures (less over spray) you would get better mixing and better air purging of the tip.

I run the same A5-6000 with a 03 chamber and just change tips (01,02,and03) as needed for the application that I’m spraying.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Airpro
quentin
Posted: Nov 19, 2010 07:59 AM
Thanks and a good tip I had not heard about!
steven argus
Posted: Nov 19, 2010 09:21 AM
I find that we get a better mix with the smaller chamber. (01) We run an 01 chamber all winter long. Typically 01 chamber and 01 tip. We can spray flat out all day with the 01 chamber. Helps with the hose heat as well.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.