Q&A Forums

help with SPF Payback/Return on Investement Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Eric Cope
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 01:33 PM
help with SPF Payback/Return on Investement
I am considering reroofing my facility with SPF foam. I currently have a mix of different types of roofs from single ply to BUR. They are in various stages of their life cycles, but most require some level of repair. I need to do a payback analysis in order to get funding.

Can anyone give feedback on how they approached the problem. What were some of the benefits listed in terms of dollars saved? Or cost avoidance? Energy savings, etc.

I have seen where Texas A&M claims the roofs were paid back in 4.5 years through energy savings alone...but I have no evidence supporting it.

Thanks in advance.
quentin
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 09:29 AM
No idea right off on your queston but I am pretty good at finding info and doing research so will look tonight when I get home. Also where in Ohio are you? I am in the Dayton area and am trying to get as much time at sites as I can since I am trying to get in the business. Right now I do the 9-5 thing as a computer tech and am in need of a change at the least.
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 03:59 PM
I am not sure if EnergyWiseStructures.com can address this issue for you or not.........but it does not hurt to give them a try. Hope this helps. Kenneth
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 11:20 PM
Hi Ohio. I have several case histories available and my suppliers have more. 4-8 years is a normative payback interval, which means that the roof system will pay for itself before the warranty is up. There is a software program(s) that can help project btu's saved over the annual cycle. Ted Michelek has done a good bit on work on this aspect as well.

Olger
Piqua, OH
Aaron Scurlock
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 06:23 AM
Find a SpecRight COntractor in your area that does foam. I do both, and to run an effective alalysis, I would need your square footage, deck type, penetrations, and square inchage of them, and a core sample of the roofing assembly. Then I could tell you pretty precisely how you would save and how long payback would be at today's energy prices.
Gerald Feeney
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 11:18 AM
The energy savings on our roofs using a three tiered process run as high as 40% of a total of 16% energy loss for the entire building. We also warranty the process for 10 warranty to include labor and materials and with an extended warranty it will last the life of the building. www.coxroofing.com.You need a good subsurface. Forget asphalt. Jerry Feeney

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.