Q&A Forums

Heard a new one today.. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 09:52 AM
Heard a new one today..
Electrical inspector in Dayton whining about spray foam over romex.

"Heat..fire..liability.. could be dangerous..mumble..mumble"

"Never seen that stuff before.."
Always room for one more skeptic, I guess.

Anybody else run into this with electrical inspectors?

`ol Ger
Mike Sharpe
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 11:51 PM
Olger i have a electrical inspector here in North Texas that was giving me a hard time. He has come around now that i am spraying his brother's shop this week. Also his brother owns a huge electrical supply company imagine that.
Posted: Apr 14, 2007 12:02 AM
sure have ger...
how bout " i hear its explosive too"

we are manufactureing a THERMOSET PLASTIC, if we are doing things right,,,the insulative sheathing over romex, as the individual wires themselves are,,,,,,,you guessed it,,,a thermoset plastic,,

there is a paper out there that shows the temp increase of romex buried in foam ,,,12 and 14 gauge as i remember, with full amp load as i remember and a comparrison to a non buried romex...

yes it is safe,,,it has been done for years

isnt it to bad that the inspectors who we pay to requlate dont know their business?

and every chicken little thing they hear "usually fed by our competition" has to proven or disproven?

balderdash,,,tell em your gonna sue the county or city it they continue to discriminate against you and your industry,,, it is their ignorance, not yours,,tell em to show where foam has NOT BEEN APPROVED for the condition they describe...facts jack,,just the facts..tell them to spend some time doing their own research...
you dont tell your surgeon how to do a new procedure,,he gets the education ,,forms an opinion,,and performs the procedure if warranted..
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 14, 2007 11:00 PM
Thanks, Mark.

foam still good
quentin
Posted: Apr 15, 2007 12:16 AM
Dayton as in Ohio? If you are spraying in this area I would like to know. I start a new normal job this week but anything that is going on after those hours or on a weekend that I could come to I would like to know since one reason for this job is to help try and get me foaming.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.