Q&A Forums

Handi-Foam Magnum Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 31, 2007 06:13 PM
Handi-Foam Magnum
has anyone every used one of these setups from Fomo.com or anything similar? I was thinking a setup like this would be good for the smaller jobs and a Jr crew.
mason
Posted: Aug 01, 2007 07:39 AM
Foamer,

I have not used the Hand-Foam Magnum. Anyone have first hand experience they would like to share?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Aug 01, 2007 02:21 PM
The larger tanks come with a return freight label. You then order more tanks that are shipped to you. The cost for the replacement tanks is between 1400 and 1600 depending on material and freight.

We can buy drum sets cheaper--these guys are selling DIY convenience.

olger
Posted: Aug 01, 2007 04:11 PM
of course drum sets are cheaper. What I want to know is does the system actualy work well or not?
mason
Posted: Aug 02, 2007 12:36 PM
Foamdude,

While I appreciate your comments and observations, I would like to set some ground rules for this forum. I would caution about comments that are not from personal experience and that slam products or technology.

I have personally observed and sprayed good quality sprayfoam with a good surface profile from "bottle" spray foam systems in OEM applications. The foam was stored in 50 lb to 1000 lb metal vessels that were pressurized to around 250 psi, at around 85 to 100 degrees and used a 50 to 100 ft hose with their proprietary spray gun. The spray pattern was full and round and the surface texture rough orange peel.

I have no personal experience with the Handi-foam Magnum. I have used the small Handi-Foam spray kits for patch and repair and even sprayed a 100 sq ft wall with one unit. The foam texture was rough but very good quality. But I would never venture an opinion on this setup without a firsthand experience and knowledge of the equipment.

So that is why I asked if anyone has used this specific equipment in the field.

Let me know if anyone has used the equipment in the field I am curious.
Posted: Aug 02, 2007 01:33 PM
I was not really wondering about the Magnum system specificly anyways. I was more wanting to know if this type of setup could spray good quality foam. If there is a system out there that is similar to this type that sprays well and give a quality end product I would like to know about it.
mason
Posted: Aug 02, 2007 01:45 PM
The pressurized bottle systems can be used in field applications, but, the temperature range is much more limited than the proportioner pump systems. So you typically have to store the pressurized bottles in a climate controlled area.

Having said that, many bottle systems today have preheaters and heated hose assemblies so their range is better.

Bottled foam is configured differently to be able to mix properly at lower pressure and temperature. So to some degree it is a more high tech foam, and the equipment though higher tech than it was 30 years ago is simpler. In the past, the foam was higher priced but the equipment was cheaper. I don't know if that is the case today.

If you are interested, arrange for a demo by the supplier of the equipment, ask for plenty of references and check them out.

Let us know on the forum what you find out. I'm sure other readers would like to know more.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.