Q&A Forums

Hand pump for drums? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Nov 01, 2008 02:10 PM
Hand pump for drums?
Hey.. My helper and I aren't strong enough to dump the last 1/5 of the drum in to the next, and it sprays MUCH better with fuller drums. Just wondering what people use to pump the remaining chemicals. The two would have to be isolated from the proportioning system for obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance for the help.
painter213

www.specialty-products.com

Benny Abbott

Phone: 205-717-0292

NACE Level III #7953

SSPC PCS # 2014-529-139

SSPC CCI Level II #64351

Posted: Nov 01, 2008 06:03 PM
One question to ask is what kind of transfer pumps are you using? You should be spraying the same with a full drum all the way until the drum gets empty. Do only spray foam? If you are just spraying foam and you are spraying the same foam day in day out, then I would consider using day tanks for your application. This way you sould never run out of material in your primary tanks. This if very useful when applying large amounts of the same product. Anyway, you should be able to pretty much be able to empty your supply drums and not have a problem spraying. I use the IPM 01 pumps for my primary pumps and the IPM 02 pumps for transfer pumps in to my day tanks. I am not familar with the diaphram pumps so I do not know how they act with pumping a low volume drum.

Benny Abbott

Abbott Consulting and Coating Inspections
NACE Certified Coatings Inspector #7953
205-717-0292
Posted: Nov 01, 2008 06:51 PM
What difference do you find between the full drums and partial drums. There shouldn't be any difference as the previous poster mentioned, but I am curious what your experience actually is.

Tim

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.