Q&A Forums

GX-7's to Fusion (air purge) - For Roofs Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 26, 2007 09:10 PM
GX-7's to Fusion (air purge) - For Roofs
I need a change from the GX-7 - I am leaning towards the Fusion... Can someone that has experience spraying roofs please tell me what is the best mix chamber to use spraying FE 3lb cc on roofs....... with round pattern.......
I primarily do small jobs. I have been using the GX-7 gun the whole time, since day one. I have been talking to some people lately that say I need to tone it down on the gun. I have heard some say they like the origonal Probler, other tell me the P2 is better...???
I had a Fusion in my hand 6 months ago and it was lightweight, and it's simple to clean. But, it was set up for wall foam. I'm spraying roofs and fight a constant battle with the GX-7. It's killing me after about 20 mins, it takes alot to achieve a smooth and flat surface, have a tremendoes amount of overspray, etc. The GX-7's seem like they are getting dirty quicker lately too. I have replaced parts, troublshooted parts, to no end, etc. I'm starting to think that if I use a gun with lesser output, a high quality end result will be easier to accomplish. And leave the GX-7 for the big jobs.
Erik
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 01, 2007 10:09 PM
At best, the GX-7 is a parts monster. If it were me I would absolutely put them in a box and sell `em. Fusion, or P2.

We got 3-P2's Like them real well.

olger
Posted: Mar 04, 2007 02:15 PM
Hello Olger,
I was going to get the Fusion because I can get a better deal on that vs P2, plus I have already sprayed once with the Fusion. What is the reason you went with P2 over the Fusion.
Thanks,
Erik
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 04, 2007 04:19 PM
We have 21-years experience with Problers and like them real well.

In that duration, we have tried:
the Foam-Cat gun
GX-7's

Always back to the Probler. The Fusion is a decent gun. The Probler has more drawbar strength (less sticking). It is teflon lined - less overspray mess. It is the lightest gun on the market. It has those cool 1/4-turn ball valves.

olger
Posted: Mar 04, 2007 05:16 PM
have 2 gap guns.fairly nice guns. but nobody aound me has a probler. just dont know much about them. i am not looking to switch guns anytime soon.but i have heard positive coments about the p-2. but in your opinion:is the p-2 a better gun? less parts?
Michael Flander
Posted: Mar 05, 2007 12:19 PM
The probler P2 has more working parts then the Fusion does.

Also, the P2 is a lighter gun, but its hose assembly comes out of the top of the gun. Some people like it this way, some do not. The P2 also has a 2 piece mix chamber, vs. a one piece on the Fusion.

Mike Flander
Posted: Mar 05, 2007 07:37 PM
This is great info. I'm starting to lean toward the P-2. As I mentioned earlier, the P-2 was recomended by a foamer I know that is good, and also by Olger.
Posted: Mar 05, 2007 08:56 PM
I don't have experience with anything other than a P2, but I am happy with it. I have looked at all the specs and manuals for the other ones. I particularly like the valves on the P2 to shut the fluid off. The "other" one requires you to find your little tool to shut the fluid off. If you are like me, the screwdriver would be all the way across the room someplace!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 06, 2007 11:21 AM
The two-piece mixing chamber is a godsend for those of us who will inevitably break a drill bit while cleaning the nozzle.

olger
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 06, 2007 07:35 PM
It is great to only spend $19 on a mix chamber insert if you break the drill bit! How much is a mixing chamber for a fusion?

George
Michael Flander
Posted: Mar 08, 2007 05:11 PM
$120 give or take for a fusion mixing chamber.

A couple of points I would like to add:

The 2 piece mix chamber for the P2 is designed as a wear item, so keep that in mind.

Regarding the valves on the P2, I agree that they are easier to use vs. the fusion manifold. You have to remove 2 assemblies to disconnect the p2 from the hose, vs. 1 with the Fusion. Plus, I have personally seen the p2 valves get opened when they were not suppose to be simply by bumping them on accident.

There ARE tips and tricks to getting a drill bit out of a fusion mix chamber, although none are as easy as pulling the 2 piece apart. This is not a very common issue, and if it is, you should look at how you are handling your drill bits.

Most of you on this particular forum are using the P2, Just remember, for the long list of people happy with the p2, I can show you an equally long list of people happy with the Fusion. Both guns are low maintenance, and their are pluses and minuses to both of them. Do your research, and ask questions to contractors that are using each one.

Good luck!
Mike Flander

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.